Split ends tend to make your hair look dull and lifeless. When the ends of hair become weak, they can break to form two separate ends. This can happen due to sun exposure, harsh chemicals and excessive usage of heat styling tools.
The ideal thing to do once split ends appear would be to get your hair trimmed at the ends. It is advised to get a hair trim every 6-8 weeks, in order to avoid the hair from looking dull and lifeless.
If left untreated, split ends may increase the damage to your hair beyond repair and cause other unlikely hair-related issues as well.
There is no way to repair split ends when they have occurred, but there are many ways however to avoid more split ends from occurring.
A few of these are obvious tips like avoiding direct sunlight and heat styling tools. Hence, I'll be listing out a few tips here on how to avoid the appearance of split ends through some of the easy-to-do home methods.
These tips are not time consuming, so you don't need to be worried about taking time out of your busy schedule. And most of the tips are cost-effective, which is the best part. So, here they are, have a look!
- Deep condition the ends with oil every day and also before you intend to wash your hair. Keep in mind to oil only the ends of the hair. You could use olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for this purpose.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the ends and leave it overnight before washing your hair the next morning. This would help strengthen the ends.
- Use a deep conditioning hair mask from any of the brands on a weekly basis. Make sure to check on the ingredients however and go in for mild products with less of chemicals in them.
- Before heat styling your hair, apply heat protection creams and serums that'll help protect the hair strands from the excess amount of heat.
- Do not brush the ends too much, specifically after a wash that is when your hair is wet. Wait for the hair to dry naturally to comb it without applying a lot of force.
- Use extra hair serum on your ends after your hair dries, once it has been washed.
With these tips, it shouldn't be too hard to keep your hair free of split ends! Do let me know how these tips worked on your hair.