Hair damage is a really common problem, specifically because of the environment we live in these days. Having long hair seems like a distant dream because of how difficult it is to nourish and maintain the hair. The first step to making your hair grow longer is to treat damaged hair and nothing better than home remedies can work for it.
Yes, it is true that your hair would not grow any longer if the ends are damaged. A lot of people suggest going in for trims to ensure that hair grows faster, which seems like a counter active tip, but it is actually true.
In order to make your hair grow, you must make sure the dead ends are gone.
We will be sharing a few home remedies to treat hair that is damaged.
Of course, the real remedy for treating damage that seems to be beyond repair is to trim the hair. But apart from that, these remedies would ensure that the hair does not get damaged any further.
So, keep reading to find out how to treat damaged hair at home and that too naturally.
1. Egg: Egg masks are the best ways to treat damaged hair. Remove the yolk from the egg and apply the egg whites only all over your hair, focussing more on the ends, as maximum damage is concentrated towards the ends. Wash your hair as usual after an hour. Do this every week for best results.
2. Castor Oil: Massage your hair with castor oil every week. Castor oil has omega fatty acids that are really important for the nourishment of hair. Do this and you'll see minimal damage in your hair.
3. Mayonnaise: If you are wondering how to treat damaged hair at home, try this perfect remedy. Mayonnaise has proteins that nourish and condition the hair naturally. Use a mayo mask every week to make sure your hair never sees damage.
4. Henna: Using henna for your hair has multiple benefits. It definitely strengthens the hair; but along with that, it is great for cleansing the scalp naturally and also dyeing the hair.
5. Olive Oil: Olive oil has a very rich content of vitamin E, which makes it one of the best remedies for treating damaged hair. Give yourself a hot oil massage with it every week for shiny hair.
6. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is another great oil for treating damaged hair. It seeps deep into the hair and provides nourishment and moisture to each strand.
7. Butter: Apply butter on the ends of your hair to make it a lot stronger. Leave this on overnight and wash it off the next morning to reveal shiny hair.
8. Coconut Milk: Condition your hair using coconut milk. Just like the oil from coconuts, coconuts milk has a lot of benefits for the hair. It moisturises hair and ensures that no damage takes over later on in life.
9. Ghee: Just like you would use butter, use ghee to treat damaged hair. Massage it on to the ends of hair and wash it off in the morning.
10. Aloe Vera Gel: You can substitute your everyday leave-in conditioner for aloe vera gel. It is all natural and would help moisturise your hair, so that no further damage takes place.
11. Almond Oil: Almond oil is one of the best known home remedies to treat damaged hair. Use almond oil overnight all over your hair and then wash it off in the morning.
12. Vitamin E Oil: For severely damaged hair, use vitamin E oil. This would actually nourish your hair completely. However, use this only on the ends of your hair.