- 5 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 6 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 6 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 7 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Taapsee Pannu & Bhumi Pednekar Shut Up A Troll Trying To Create A Tiff Between Them & Akshay Kumar
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Marijuana for beauty? This statement itself might sound weird to a regular reader. But, this statement holds true. Marijuana, also known as Cannabis, has become a major thing in the beauty industry with tons of products infused with it.
The medicinal properties of marijuana were acknowledged decades ago and now it has made its way into the cosmetic industry. Studies have found that marijuana has therapeutic benefits and that it can be used to treat various skin and hair issues . So, how is marijuana used to benefit your skin and hair, and what are those benefits? Let's find out!
What Form Of Marijuana Is Used For Beauty Purposes?
For beauty purposes, marijuana isn't used in its raw form but the extracts from the Cannabis/marijuana plant are used to formulate the cosmetic products. The seeds of the plant (hemp seeds) and oil are used in the formulation of cosmetic products. These contain essential properties, vitamins and fatty acids that benefit the skin immensely. The most used form of marijuana is the oil. Let's now look at the benefits of marijuana for skin and hair.
Beauty Benefits Of Marijuana For Skin And Hair
1. Fights acne
Acne is one of the most common skin issues that we face. And we are in the constant hunt for finding remedies and treatments for acne. Research shows that marijuana contains various cannabinoids that help regulate the sebum production in skin and thus effectively control acne Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory properties that help subside the inflammation, irritation and redness caused by acne.
2. Soothes the skin
Marijuana is quite effective in soothing the skin and tackling inflammation of the skin. It contains cannabinoids such as THC and CBC that possess strong anti-inflammatory properties that not only bring the inflammation down but also heal the pain caused due to the inflammation .
3. Tackles dry skin
The issue of dry skin can be tackled with a marijuana extract, hemp seed oil. Hemp seed oil contains essential fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6 that hydrate the skin. Study shows that hempseed oil effectively nourishes and moisturises the skin to fight dry skin and itchiness
4. Prevents signs of skin ageing
When it comes to ageing, people are often on the fence about whether marijuana helps or worsens the process of skin ageing. But, like all things, when used in moderation, cannabis oil helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The vitamins C and E present in it help boost skin cell regeneration and collagen production to leave you with soft, supple and youthful skin.
5. Strengthens and nourishes the hair
Hemp oil, when used topically, can help strengthen your hair. It contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and ceramides that hydrate the hair and prevent protein loss from it to leave us with strong, healthy hair. In addition to that, it also helps treat dull and dry hair and repair hair damaged caused by the heat styling products .
6. Boost hair growth
The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids present in hemp oil help boost the blood circulation in the scalp and that in turn promotes healthy hair growth. Besides, it gives your hair a protein boost that leads to healthy and strong hair growth.
7. Conditions the scalp
As said above, cannabis contains essential vitamins and fatty acids that work well to nourish and moisturise your scalp. Furthermore, the anti-inflammatory properties of marijuana have a soothing effect on your scalp.
-  Eagleston, L. R., Kalani, N. K., Patel, R. R., Flaten, H. K., Dunnick, C. A., & Dellavalle, R. P. (2018). Cannabinoids in dermatology: A scoping review.Dermatology online journal,24(6).
-  Oláh, A., Tóth, B. I., Borbíró, I., Sugawara, K., Szöllõsi, A. G., Czifra, G., … Bíró, T. (2014). Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes.The Journal of clinical investigation,124(9), 3713–3724. doi:10.1172/JCI64628
-  Russo, E. B. (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid‐terpenoid entourage effects.British journal of pharmacology,163(7), 1344-1364.
-  Callaway, J., Schwab, U., Harvima, I., Halonen, P., Mykkänen, O., Hyvönen, P., & Järvinen, T. (2005). Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis.Journal of Dermatological Treatment,16(2), 87-94.
-  Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies.Cannabis and cannabinoid research,2(1), 139–154. doi:10.1089/can.2016.0034
-  Johnson, P. A. (2011).U.S. Patent No. 7,887,857. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.