- 15 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 18 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 19 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 19 hrs ago 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Sports La Liga wrap: Barcelona go top as Real Madrid lose to Mallorca
- News Army launches attacks on terrorist camps inside PoK, causes heavy damage to Pak side
- Movies Vogue Women Of The Year 2019 Winner List: Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt & Anushka Sharma Win Big
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Technology How To Record Windows 10 Screen Without Any Software
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
If there is one product every girl uses at least once in her life, it is definitely lip balms. We all are so much used to using this product that we sometimes feel like it is an inseparable part of our beauty routine. Be it chapped lips or excessive dryness, we often resort to using lip balms and look up to them for help. But, there are certain things about lip balms that you probably might not be aware of.
Wondering what these things might be? Well, to help you understand lip balms and the way they work better, here is a roundup of five things that you didn't know about lip balms.
5 Things You Didn't Know About Lip Balms
It doesn't actually moisturise your skin
It might sound crazy to you but lip balms do not moisturise your skin. You might wonder what exactly do lip balms do then? Well, they don't exactly moisturise your lips but instead they lock the moisture in your lips. The lip balm basically creates a layer on your lips thus sealing its moisture from fading away, thus keeping your lips soft throughout the day, especially in windy days when the weather is cold and dry. It is, therefore, a good thing to use a lip balm everyday.
Little bit of ingestion is okay
Most of us have this weird habit of licking our lips quite often - even when we have applied a lip balm or a lipstick. While some may find it weird to think about it this way - eating lip balms or lipsticks - experts say that there is practically no harm beyond minor stomach upset, at times, it you consume lip balms. But again, it is not a food item to be eaten regularly in large amounts, right? But, if you unintentionally lick it sometime, there's practically no harm!
If you think you are addicted to lip balms, think again!
How many of you think that you are addicted to lip balms and can't step out of the house without carrying one in your bag? Well, if you really think you are addicted to lip balms, you must think again!
There is no ingredient in lip balms that can be really addictive. However, there might be some ingredients which some people might be allergic to, but definitely not addictive. You can easily replace your lip balms with some home remedies like using ghee on your lips to refrain it from getting dry or even to heal chapped lips.
Moreover, experts also say that using excessive lip balms may also harm your lips in the long run and can even cause irritation. It is, therefore, necessary that one should not be too much addicted to any make-up product, not even lip balms.
Lips aren't the only place you use them
Lip balms aren't only meant to be used on your lips. Like.. your lips aren't the only body part that needs miniaturisation. You can also use lip balm around your nose and rub it into its cuticles to moisturise them and keep it free from dryness. Also, you can even use lip balms to tame your unruly eyebrows.
It does expire
Like all other beauty products, lip balms too come with an expiration date. And, like all other products, it is not safe to used expired products as they might harm your skin without you even realising it. So, if you have any expired lip balms or other beauty products, discard them immediately and replace them with new ones. After all, it is always good to be safe and keep your skin healthy and glowing, isn't it?