- 8 hrs ago Malala Yousafzai Writes Open Letter To Taliban Urging To Reopen Schools For Girls In Afghanistan
- 10 hrs ago Kiara Advani And Raashii Khanna Will Inspire You To Invest In Minimally-Done Nature-Inspired Lehengas
- 13 hrs ago Is Chilli Good For People With Diabetes?
- 14 hrs ago Angelina Jolie Exudes Casual Glamour With Her Brown Outfit; Daughters Take Notes From Mother’s Wardrobe
- Finance Bitcoin ETF Trade Spurs Bitcoin To All Time High Levels: How To Invest In Them?
- Technology Samsung Diwali Festival Sale: Attractive Discount Offers On Top Smartphones
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Teams Up With Norwegian Diplomat Erik Solheim For Climate Warrior Initiative
- News RBI imposes monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- Sports Sri Lanka beat Ireland by 70 runs in T20 World Cup, qualify for Super 12s
- Education IBPS CRP RRB X Group A Scores Released, Here’s How To Check IBPS RRB X Officer Scale I, II And III Scores
- Automobiles Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- Travel 10 Best Winter Destinations in Goa
Boils occur on the skin when hair follicles become infected. Usually, they appear as small red bumps filled with pus that can be quite painful. Boils usually occur during the summer but it is not necessary that they should occur only in summer. It can also rise due to factors like poor hygiene, blood disorders, diabetes, a weak immune system, etc.
Of course medications like antibiotics can help you in treating these boils but you may try out other alternatives if you do not want to take medications. You can always use home-made remedies to treat boils effectively. One such effective remedy is turmeric.
We all know how turmeric is widely used on the skin to treat many skin-related issues. The anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric help in curing itching and pain. The anti-bacterial properties help in fighting bacteria and acne. Rich in antioxidants, turmeric helps in reducing free radical damage on the skin.
Let us see how we can use turmeric to treat boils on the body.
Turmeric And Ginger
The anti-inflammatory properties in both the ingredients help in curing the boils effectively. Take an inch of ginger and blend it to make a smooth paste. Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and ginger paste in a bowl. Mix both the ingredients well. Apply this on the affected area and let it stay for a few minutes until it dries. Wash it off using water and pat dry. You can use it once or twice a day.
Turmeric And Curd
All you have to do is mix a tsp of turmeric with a tbsp of fresh curd in a clean bowl. Apply this on the affected area and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes you can wash it off in normal water. You can also do this just a few minutes before you take bath. Use a mild soap to wash it off completely.
Turmeric, Vinegar And Milk Cream
Vinegar helps in balancing the pH level of the skin and cream nourishes the skin thus making it soft. In a bowl, add 1 tsp each of turmeric powder, vinegar and milk cream. Mix all the ingredients and spread this all over the affected area. Keep it for a few minutes and wash it off using normal water. Repeat this 3-4 times in a week.
Turmeric And Tea Tree Oil
This remedy will help in healing pain and any itchiness on the skin. Mix together a few drops of tea tree oil and ¼ tsp of turmeric powder. Apply this on the areas where you have boils and leave it on for a few minutes. Later you can rinse it off using cold water.