- 4 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 4 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 5 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- 5 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha, Rajkummar Rao, And Ranveer Singh Perfectly Present Small-Town Casual Fashion
- News Russian air strikes kill 19 civilians in northwest Syria
- Movies Disha Patani Admits Tiger Shroff Is Her Favourite Bollywood Action Hero
- Sports I League: Juan Mera saves East Bengal the blushes against Punjab FC
- Technology How To Export WhatsApp Chat As PDF
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Taking a dip in the swimming pool is an excellent way to relax your body and mind. On the other hand, regular lap swimming sessions can prove to be extremely beneficial for your health.
However, swimming in chlorine-treated water can take a serious toll on the state of your skin and hair. The chemicals in the swimming pool can strip your skin and hair off of their natural oil and moisture.
This can cause various unsightly skin and hair problems. The most common ones are dry skin, acne breakouts as well as frizzy hair and breakage.
That is why it is essential to follow certain skin and hair care tips to prevent chlorine damage. So, today at Boldsky, we've brought together a list of tips that you should follow before and after swimming.
Follow them to make sure that you enjoy swimming without having to worry about your skin and hair.
Take a look at these tips here:
1. Shower Before Entering The Pool
This is a must-follow rule that can make a world of difference to your skin's health. It is a good practice to cleanse your skin with lukewarm water prior to entering the swimming pool.
2. Apply Sunscreen Or Skin Oil After Shower
If you swim in an outdoor pool, then it is essential to slather sunscreen on your skin prior to entering the pool, as sunscreen safeguards your skin from the chlorine and sun damage. On the other hand, if you swim in an indoor pool, you should cover your skin with a light skin oil prior to entering the pool.
3. Apply Conditioner Or Oil In Your Hair
A hair conditioner or oil can act as a natural protectant for your hair and safeguard it against chlorine damage. So, before you enter the pool, make sure that you slather either of the above-stated products to prevent chlorine damage.
4. Wet Your Hair With Fresh Water
Right after applying conditioner or hair oil, you should wet your hair with lukewarm water. This will protect your hair from direct exposure to chlorine water whilst preventing any kind of damage.
5. Wear A Swim Cap
Lastly, wear a swim cap to minimize exposure to chlorine water. In spite of wearing a cap, some of your strands will get exposed to chlorine water. That is why, it is essential to follow the previous steps to keep any kind of chlorine damage at bay.
6. Shower Right After You Swim
It is incredibly important to shower immediately after stepping out from the pool. This is essential to wash away the chemicals that your skin comes in contact with while swimming.
7. Shower With Lukewarm Water
Also, no matter how tempting it gets, it is best to avoid taking a hot or cold shower after swimming laps. Instead, you should shower with lukewarm water to make sure that your skin does not get robbed off of its natural moisture and oil.
8. Shampoo Your Hair
Shampoo your hair after stepping out of the pool, as it is essential for washing off the chlorinated water from your scalp and mane. A thorough shampoo post-swim is highly crucial to prevent chlorine water from causing damage to your hair.
9. Use A Skin Cleanser
Use a light skin cleanser to get rid of the chemicals that settle on your skin's surface while swimming in chlorine water. Washing off the chemicals thoroughly with a light skin cleanser will prevent those chemicals from causing an irreversible damage to your skin.
10. Apply A Leave-in Conditioner
Apply a leave-in conditioner after rinsing your hair. This will protect your mane from free radical damage and make sure that it stays soft and smooth even after a swim session.
11. Apply Moisturizer Without Fail
Lastly, apply moisturizer all over your skin. This will help your skin to stay soft and smooth even after swimming in chlorinated water. And, in case you'll be stepping out in the sun, then you should smear sunscreen on your face and hands to prevent sun damage.