- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 12 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 13 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- News US concerned about implications of Citizenship Amendment Bill in India
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Do you often steer clear from wearing sleeveless tops, dreading your dark armpits? Is nothing working on your stubbly, patchy dark underarms? Then, here are some tested herbal remedies that will show results! Also, if you're wondering whether potato juice can help rid dark armpits, this is what you should continue reading.
What causes the underarms to become dark? Dark underarms can stem from hormonal imbalance, genetics or as a result of side effects from deodorants.
Avoid using deodorants or roll-ons for a while. Instead, switch to natural alternatives like cornstarch powder, which will soak up the excess sweat, keeping your armpit smelling fresh all day, minus the chemicals.
Wear loose clothes to avoid friction. Get your thyroid checked. Drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water to flush out the toxins from your system.
And to slough off the dead skin layer and reduce armpit discolouration, here are some natural ingredients that are safe and effective in treating dark armpits!
NOTE: No two people react the same way to a given ingredient. So, before trying any skin-whitening mask, make it a point to patch test it first to avoid chances of side effects.
And in case if you have open wounds or acne on your underarms, avoid trying these herbal remedies for dark armpits altogether.
Potato & Lemon Juice
Potato contains natural bleaching agents that can lighten and brighten the skin. Citric acid and antiseptic properties of lemon juice help remove tan from the skin and kill any infection-causing bacteria.
Peel, grate and extract the juice of a potato. Add 5 drops of lemon juice to it. Using a cotton ball, dab it on the affected area. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, and then wipe it clean with a wet towel. Use these natural ingredients to reduce armpit discolouration every day.
Take a tablespoon of baking soda and using water, whisk it into a smooth paste. Apply a thin coat onto your underarms. Wait till it dries completely, and then scrub in a circular motion for 2 minutes, before rinsing it off with plain water.
Baking soda will exfoliate the dead skin cell buildup and unclog pores, which in turn helps lighten skin tone.
Milk & Curd
This mask packs a powerful punch of lactic acid, which is known to whiten skin tone. Take 1 teaspoon of besan, add an equal amount of milk and using curd, whip it into a smooth paste.
Apply a thin coat on your underarms. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Scrub and rinse. Regular application will provide a visible reduction in skin discolouration.
If you have any more herbal remedies to lighten dark armpits, do share them with us in the comment section below.