- 11 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 16 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 20 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Have you ever wondered why our mothers and grandmothers are so much into rose water? If not for anything else, they would surely use rose water as a face toner or put a little in their water during bath? Well, here's why...
Rose water has traditional roots in the Indian culture. Rose water was first used as a part of skin care regimen by the Egyptians. Cleopatra used it every day.
You must be careful while buying rose water. It should be without any chemicals and should have that nice fragrance of fresh roses. It is really difficult to find rose water of such high quality in the market nowadays.
So, why not make one for yourself, eh? All you need are wild roses, the ones which have tiny petals, and some water. Boil water well and turn off the stove.
Add the rose petals to it and cover the vessel. Take off the lid after 10 minutes and strain out of the petals. Once the rose water has cooled down to room temperature, fill it in a glass jar or bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
This rosewater will not only have the amazing fragrance of rose but will also have a light pink tone to it, which is just too pretty.
Now, here are some ways how you can use rose water in your beauty or skin care regimen, continue reading.
Wash your face with your regular face wash. Mix half a teaspoon of rose water with a few drops of glycerine and massage it on your face. Rinse it off immediately for a glowing and tightened skin.
Take one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of rose water and mix thoroughly. Take a cotton ball and dab this mixture on the places where you have acne. Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with tap water. This mixture shrinks the size of the pimples and sucks out the excess oil from the skin pores. It also reduces the size of the pores on your skin, making it look younger. Afterward, apply a light moisturizer.
3.Fuller’s Earth – Rose Water Face Pack
Replace the water you add while making Fuller's Earth face pack with rose water. But don't let the face pack completely dry out on your face. After around 8 to 10 minutes of applying the pack, rinse it off with tap water and apply a light moisturizer. If cleans the pores and reduces acne.
4.As A Hair Conditioner
Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and for the last rinse, use a cup of rose water instead of water. Don't use the conditioner afterward. It will condition your hair deeply and give it an everlasting shine.
5.For Reducing Under-eye Puffiness
Soak two cotton pads in rose water and keep it on your eyes for 10 minutes. Switch sides are 5 minutes. Do this every night after a stressful day at work. This gives instant relief from tiredness and reduces puffiness of the eyes as well.
6.As A Setting Spray
Store 100 mL of rose water in a spray bottle and spray it on your face after applying makeup. It is not only refreshing but also makes your makeup last for longer than usual.