- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Movies Amitabh Bachchcan’s Throwback Picture With Kareena Kapoor Is The Cutest Thing On Internet Today!
- Sports Bangladesh bans Shahadat Hossain for five years for assault
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Throughout the year, our skin tends to suffer due to dirt, dust, pollution and other such environmental factors. However, during the hot summer days, your skin and hair tend to suffer the most. We'd always suggest home remedies to treat sun damaged skin.
Due to the harmful UV rays of the sun, it damages your skin to a large extent and also gives you a sun tan for a long time. The harmful rays of the sun can deplete the natural oil on the skin, which means it dries out the skin, thus leaving you with tanned and dehydrated skin.
Moreover, due to ultraviolet rays of the sun, it can lead to skin burning, which may sometimes lead to a risk of skin cancer in a person.
So, if you are suffering from sun tan or a sun damaged skin, here are a few home remedies to follow that will take enough care of the skin.
Also Read: Here's how you should take care of your skin this summer
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Using aloe vera gel on the skin can help to give you super-gorgeous and glowing skin. Due to 90 percent of water present in the aloe vera gel, it can help to give you an instant relief from the sunburn. Also, due to vitamins and proteins in the aloe vera gel, it can help to treat sun damaged skin. Take one aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel. Now massage the sunburned area with this gel and wash off with cold water.
Using milk on sun damaged skin is a great alternative, as it helps to treat the sunburned skin. Due to a lot of proteins, fats, and vitamins present in the milk, it can help to promote collagen production, thus soothing your skin. Take some cold milk and add some ice cubes to it. Once the milk is extremely cold, apply this on the sunburned skin with the help of ice cubes.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar is one among the important methods that helps to effectively treat sun damaged skin. When apple cider vinegar is applied on to the skin, it works as an astringent that helps to shrink the pores, thus healing the skin. Take half a cup of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a half cup of water. Mix both the ingredients together and apply the solution on the skin. Wait for some time and wash off with water.
4. Baking Soda
Using baking soda on the skin can help to promote the healing faster and hence it is extremely beneficial in treating sun damaged skin. Take half a spoon of baking soda and mix it with cold water. Mix both the ingredients together and apply this mask on your sunburned area. Wash off after 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy twice in a day to see improved results.
5. Green Tea
Due to a lot of antioxidants found in green tea, it can help to treat the sunburned area easily. Take some green tea and brew it for some time. Now collect the green tea in a container and allow it to cool down for some time. Once the water cools down, apply the green tea water on the sunburned skin and allow it to cool down. Wash off with cold water later.
Cucumber contains active enzymes that help to soothe the skin and also calm down the sunburned skin. Take some cucumbers and slice them into pieces. Now rub these pieces on the skin and massage for some time. Wash off with cold water later. You can also apply cucumber juice on the skin to get good results.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an excellent remedy that helps to work on the sun damaged skin. Due to lauric acid found in coconut oil, it can help to reverse the damage on the skin. Take some coconut oil and warm it for some time. Now massage the area with oil and leave it for a few hours. Coconut oil not only helps to treat sun damaged skin, but it also helps to reduce the swelling and redness on the skin.
Using oatmeal not only helps to exfoliate your skin, but it certainly helps to treat the sun damaged skin as well. Due to a large amount of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components found in the oatmeal, it can help to treat the sun damaged skin. Take some oats and mix them with yogurt. Massage the area with this mixture and wash off with cold water after a while.