- 31 min ago 60 Healthiest Foods You Should Eat Every Day
- 1 hr ago Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- 2 hrs ago 22 Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves: Side Effects And How To Use
- 2 hrs ago Chandrashekhar Azad's Death Anniversay: 11 Facts About The Brave Freedom Fighter
- News Pleas seeking FIR against Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka, others for alleged hate speech moved in Delhi HC
- Finance Change In EPS 1995 To Benefit More EPFO Members
- Movies Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Pranav Mohanlal's First Look Poster Is Here!
- Technology Huawei P40 Lite Debuts As Rebranded Nova 6 SE: Price And Specifications
- Sports Revealed: Plans for Tuwaiq Trophy at WWE Super Showdown 2020
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Stretch marks are nothing but the visible streaks that are formed on the skin, which is often result in rapid expansion or contraction of the skin due to speedy weight or hormonal changes.
Such lines are very unattractive to look at and a number of times, they spoil the look of any dress that you wish to wear. There are easy ways however to get rid of stretch marks.
These marks are generally found on the belly, thighs, and the upper arm regions. The biggest and the most common reason for the formation of these scars is rapid and intense weight loss or weight gain, causing a abrupt change in the body size of the person.
Our skin composes of three different layers. A sudden increase in the body size forces the connective tissues to stretch. When this happens, the collagen gets weakened and it is now that the marks begin to develop on the dermis layer (the middle layer) of the skin.
Their appearance depends on the type of skin of the person. However, one can get rid of these ugly scars by using some simple home remedies.
1. Castor Oil:
Castor oil is a great way to get rid of stretch marks and many other skin-related issues. Massage the affected area with some castor oil for 10 minutes in a circular motion.
Then, wrap the area with a cotton cloth and with the help of a hot water bottle, apply some heat for about 30 minutes. Do this every day for a month and see the difference.
2. Egg Whites:
Egg whites are a great source of proteins and amino acids. All you need to do is separate the egg whites from the yolk and whip it gently with the help of a fork.
Now apply a thick layer of these whipped egg whites on the stretch marks and leave them till dry. Later, rinse the area with some cold water and moisturise with some almond or olive oil.
3. Potato Juice:
Potato juice has great scar-reducing properties. It also has the essential vitamins that help in restoring and rebuilding the skin cells. Grate a small potato and extract the juice from it.
To this juice, you can mix some lemon juice and rub this mixture on the stretch marks, till it is well absorbed by the skin. After 20 minutes, you can wash this off with some lukewarm water.
Sugar is a great way to naturally exfoliate and nourish your skin at the same time. Take some raw sugar and mix in it some lemon juice and almond oil. Do this every day before taking a shower and you will definitely watch your stretch marks lighten in some time.
5. Aloe Vera:
The soothing aloe vera has such properties that can easily combat a number of skin-related problems. Make a mix of 1/4th cup of aloe vera gel, 10 Vitamin E capsules and 5 Vitamin A capsules.
Now, apply this mix every day on the stretch marks and make sure that it gets completely absorbed. Do this every day to get faster results.
6. Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is known for reducing the scars or any kind of a pigmentation on the body. The citric acid in lemons is very helpful in removing the stretch marks.
Squeeze out the juice from a lemon and massage it in a circular motion on the affected area. After 10 minutes, wash with lukewarm water.
7. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is extremely rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants. Massage some warm olive oil on the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
This will help in improving the blood circulation, in toning and moisturising the skin, ultimately reducing the issue of stretch marks.