Body hair is unsightly. It makes us look shabby and untidy. It also prevents us from wearing our favourite short skirts or dresses.
Waxing and shaving are no longer the only procedures available in the market to remove unwanted body hair. We women are always on the lookout for the best hair removal procedures which will help give us smooth skin and longer lasting results, isn't it right, ladies?
You may be confused about the various procedures in the market for hair removal and what will be best for you. It is better to choose the one according to your skin type and preference.
This article will act as a comprehensive guide to the different hair removal methods available and the pros and cons of each. So, take a look.
Probably the most popular method of hair removal, waxing involves application of a thick coat of sticky wax on the area where hair is to be removed by using a cotton cloth to pull out the wax layer and hair.
The hair is pulled out from its roots to give you soft skin. After the procedure is done, application of a good moisturizer is important, as the skin becomes dry.
- Super smooth skin.
- Long lasting results, as the hair is pulled out from its roots.
- Organic and skin-safe products are used to prepare the wax.
- Your hair becomes visibly thinner over time.
- Waxing exfoliates the skin by removing the dead cells along with the hair.
- Waxing also removes tan.
- Is painful.
- Not suitable for sensitive area such as the bikini area.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin, as it may develop rashes.
2) Laser Hair Removal:
Laser hair removal method is slowly gaining popularity as the best form of hair removal for its many benefits. In this procedure, a highly concentrated light is focused on the hair follicles, which destroys the hair. The advanced technology lets the beam fall on only targeted areas, not affect the surrounding skin. Laser does not affect the skin in any other way.
- The results of laser hair removal lasts for up to a few years, after which you will notice only some fine hair.
- It gives you smooth skin.
- No side effects.
- The biggest disadvantage of this procedure is the cost.
- Multiple sessions are often required to remove hair completely.
It is another method of effective and permanent hair removal. It involves in destroying the hair growth centre by heat energy. Though it sounds scary, it is relatively painless. It is not known it India but is very popular abroad. Tiny needles are inserted in a hair follicle and a current is passed through it. The hair is then removed by the help of a tweezer.
- Effective and permanent hair removal method.
- Gives smooth skin.
- Relatively cheaper than laser hair removal.
- Requires multiple sessions to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Some amount of redness may occur after the procedure, which settles in some time.
Bleaching is not technically a hair removal method, as it doesn't remove any body hair. It only bleaches the hair, to camouflage it with the skin colour. This way, it becomes invisible.
- Relatively painless, except for the tingling sensation during the application of the bleach.
- It is quick and easy.
- Not many side effects.
- The results last for 2-3 weeks.
- Doesn't give you a smooth skin.
- May not work on all skin types.
- The Different Types Of Waxes & Their Benefits
- Mistakes To Avoid While Removing Body Hair
- How To Remove Hair Down There: Different Methods
- The Ill Effects Of Using Hair Removal Creams
- How To Reduce Body Hair Growth
- Get Rid Of Vaginal Odour With These Instant Home Remedies
- Home Remedies To Remain Fresh This Summer