- News CAA: Applications must give proof of religion to get Indian citizenship
- Movies Rakshit Shetty Is All Set To Resume The Shoot Of 777 Charlie From January 29
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK FC 1-0 NorthEast United FC: Balwant's injury-time winner helps ATK reclaim top spot
- Technology BSNL Revises Marutham Plan; Now Offering 300 Days Validity
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Thanks to our sunny weather around the year, avoiding tan is next to impossible. And the byproduct is not just darkened skin, but also dark spots and wrinkled leathery skin! To avoid all this we curated this cooked rice body mask that really WORKS!
Exposure to UV rays accelerates the melanin production in our skin, which in turn makes our skin dark. Dark skin is least of your worries, and sun exposure damages the epidermic layer of your skin that leads to premature ageing of the skin, not to mention, body tan.
What you need to do? Avoid sun exposure after 10 AM at all cost. Never skip sunscreen, even in winter. Use a body lotion that is infused with lemon properties and sunscreen protection.
Also, you could make use of this cooked rice body mask for treating body tan. The main ingredients included in this de-tanning mask are rice, lemon, honey, turmeric and yogurt.
Rice sloughs off the dead skin cells. Citric acid in lemon lightens skin tone. Honey moisturises the skin. Lactic acid in yogurt lightens blemishes and brightens the skin. And antioxidants in turmeric repair the damaged skin cells.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to remove age spots and body tan naturally!
Take 1/4th cup of cooked rice in a bowl. Using a fork, mash it into a smooth paste. Rice contains linoleic acid, a potent antioxidant, that promotes the collagen production of skin, which in turn keeps the skin taut and smooth.
Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the paste. Potent quotient of citric acid and vitamin C present in lemon not just remove tan but also lighten the skin tone.
Add a tablespoon of pure organic honey to the mixture. Honey has amino acid, which acts as a natural humectant, locking in the moisture in skin and keeping it from leaking through the skin pores.
Add half a teaspoon of turmeric to the herbal mask to get rid of body tan. Turmeric has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that kill the bacteria and give skin a youthful glow.
In the end, add a required amount of yogurt to the mask and whisk it into a gritty paste. Yogurt contains alpha-hydroxy acid that dissolves the dead skin cells, removes fine lines and dark spots, making the skin appear super smooth.
Spritz your body with some water and pat it dry with a soft towel. Your skin needs to be slightly moist for an even application of the mask.
Tie your hair in a bun. Starting from your feet, apply the mask evenly working your way up to the neck. Let the mask sit for 30 minutes. Once your skin starts stretching and the mask dries off fully, spritz some water onto your body and scrub in a circular motion. Do this for 10 minutes.
Rinse your body with lukewarm water, following it up with cold water rinse to close pores. Pat dry with a soft towel. Later, massage your skin well with a skin-nourishing body lotion.
- For skin whitening, you can also add a tablespoon of potato juice to the mask.
- Instead of cooked rice, grounded rice powder works just as fine for the mask.
- If you have dry skin, massage your body with coconut oil instead of body lotion.
What To Expect?
Within the first application, you will notice your skin become super-smooth, supple and visibly clear. For best results, use these natural ingredients to get rid of body tan twice a week!