- 36 min ago 12 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
- 43 min ago Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: True Minimalist In The Times Of Fashion Overkill
- 2 hrs ago Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- 16 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Technology Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
- Movies Anushka Sharma Married Virat Kohli At The Age Of 29 Because Of This Reason!
- Sports England's first cricket World Cup victory is as controversial as its only football title
- Finance Sugar Stocks Surge Higher On Reports Of Govt Providing Export Subsidies
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
- Automobiles 2020 BS-VI Royal Enfield Thunderbird Spotted Testing — Features Relaxed Riding Position
- News Kejriwal, Sisodia get bail in defamation case filed by Vijender Gupta
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Vitamin B12 is one of the most important constituents that our skin needs to look its best. A healthy dose of vitamin B12 makes the skin look more radiant. Vitamin B12 deficiency may lead to several skin problems including eczema, hyper-pigmentation and dry skin.
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient found in most animal sources of food. Everyone requires at least 2.4 milligrams of vitamin B12 per day. However, the requirement varies from person to person. Vitamin B12 is present in the liver, meat, eggs, shellfish, cheese, muscle meat, fish, etc.
Deficiency of vitamin B12 leads to disorders such as memory failure, anaemia, loss of appetite, anxiety and osteoporosis. Vegetarians are at a higher risk of developing vitamin B12 deficiency. Therefore, they can go in for vitamin B12 supplements to prevent these disorders.
Vitamin B12 has a significant impact on your health. It is vital for the formation of red blood cells and proper functioning of the nerve cells.
In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the ways in which vitamin B12 benefits your skin and hair. Read on to know more about it.
Eczema is directly linked to vitamin B12 deficiency, and thus intake of vitamin B12 can treat eczema and its symptoms. Consume vitamin B12 rich foods and put eczema at bay.
Vitamin B12 helps to heal damaged skin. It evens out the skin tone, prevents hyper-pigmentation that causes darkening of the skin. It reduces skin pigmentation to a large extent.
Promotes Hair Growth
Vitamin B12 promotes hair growth by assisting in the formation of red blood cells. Its is one of the vital nutrients that your hair requires to enhance its growth.
Intake of vitamin B12 is also known to remove dark spots and blemishes on the skin and cure uneven pigmentation.
Poor nail health is another symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency. Brittle nails and rigged nail surfaces are indicatives of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Prevents Premature Hair Loss
Inadequate amounts of vitamin B12 slows down the hair growth and also results in hair loss. Consuming foods rich in vitamin B12 helps combat hair loss and promotes hair growth.
Prevents Dull Skin
Dull or unhealthy skin is an indication of vitamin B12 deficiency. Including vitamin B12-rich foods in your diet adds moisture to the skin, thereby making the skin more radiant.