- 25 min ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 1 hr ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- 3 hrs ago Expert Article: Breast Cancer Early Detection, Screening, And Management
- 15 hrs ago Malala Yousafzai Writes Open Letter To Taliban Urging To Reopen Schools For Girls In Afghanistan
- Movies Hina Khan Chooses Mental Health Over Physical Appearance; Find Out Why
- News Hours after meeting with son, NCB raids Shahrukh Khan’s residence
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: With eye on Super 12s stage, Ireland and Nambia clash in must-win game
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Finance Top Education Stocks In India To Consider 2021
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
Bollywood Superstars Anil Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Katrina Kaif, Sonakshi Sinha, Arati Ankalikar-Tikekar have joined and will participate in Vax.India.Now - a virtual music concert to be held on July 7, 2021. It is an initiative by the Anuradha Palakurthi Foundation to support India's urgent vaccination drive.
The concert will feature musical greats such as Gloria Estefan, Sting, Alicia Keys, Annie Lennox, Yoyo Ma, AR Rahman, Josh Groban, Aasif Mandvi, Andrea Bocelli, Matteo Bocelli, David Foster, Norwegian DJ Alan Walker, Pia Toscano, Arati Ankalikar-Tikekar, Zubin Mehta, Nishat Khan, Ranjani Gayatri Sisters, Fareed Zakaria, Anuradha Juju Palakurthi, Hollywood superstar Liam Neeson and Bollywood superstars Anil Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Katrina Kaif and Sonakshi Sinha.
Speaking on the occasion, Anuradha Juju Palakurthi said "Artists have catalyzed many social movements by driving participation and awareness. The Vax India Now team is honored to count some of the biggest hearts for support. Scientists estimate that Indian herd immunity kicks in with 600m more adult vaccinations. India has already demonstrated that it has the capacity to vaccinate 10m people a day. Strictly theoretically, this problem can be solved in 60 days. With concerted global citizen-ownership we can compress the actual time. The event is one of the many steps being taken worldwide by many organizations and individuals"
Bappa B Lahiri said, "The overall theme of the concert is typified by the anthem song - Hum Saath Hai, written by Neelesh Misra and composed by me. Anuradha Juju-ji's soulful performance will highlight how small contributions can be amplified by Indian capacity & resilience. And why the whole world should support this global cause"
Andre Timmins, Co-Founder/Director Wizcraft says, "India is currently going through one of the most devastating challenges of recent times. However, this year is not just about the huge numbers of people contracting the Covid-19 virus. The biggest challenge being faced is the vaccination requirement for a population of our size. We are very passionate and as people in a position to be able to do so, Wizcraft wanted to help do whatever it takes to help get more vaccines to our country and push out the vaccine drive across India as fast as possible. Therefore, we are so pleased to have come together with Juju Productions & The Giving Back Fund to help support their amazing initiative Vax India Now; to reach out across the world to help raise immediate funds and resources to bring vaccine equality in a place like India, where it is needed most. We need to fight this together, as one people, one world."
All contributions will be directed to carefully vetted charities operating in mostly rural India. Vax.India.Now will be streamed globally by CNN Digital and is sponsored by Anuradha Palakurthi Foundation, a project of the Giving Back Fund, an IRS approved 502©3 public charity (EIN 04=3367888).
Vax.India.Now is being produced by .6W Entertainment, USA and Wizcraft, Mumbai and the Gaon Connection. It is supported by the WMA Agency, Black Cab Entertainment, Wizspk, KJ PR Agency, & Dreamstage