- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 May 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 18 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 19 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Day 12 Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu's Film Slows Down At The Box Office
- Sports Racing Along The Singalong Track in Chennai
- Travel GlampEco - Glamping At India's First Geodesic Dome Stay
- News Another bout of rain lashes Delhi-NCR, several flights delayed
- Finance Motilal Oswal Suggests Buy This Stock For 25% Potential Gains, Declared Final Dividend Of Rs 6.25
- Education NABARD AM Prelims Mains 2021 Cut Off Marks, Check NABARD Assistant Manager RDBS Rajbhasha Cut Off Details Here
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
The US singer Meat Loaf has died at the age of 74, a statement on his official Facebook page said on January 21. He was best known for his album "Bat Out of Hell" which was one of the top-selling albums of all time. Born Marvin Lee Aday, the singer died on Thursday, January 20, according to the magazine Deadline.
"Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," a message on Meat Loaf's Facebook page read. "Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours," it added. The statement did not reveal the cause of the singer's death.
Meat Loaf's Life And Work
He was also a recognisable face in Hollywood, having starred in the cult classic "Rocky Horror Picture Show" as well as appearing in the movie "Fight Club," among others. His album "Bat Out of Hell" is among the top 35 best-selling albums in US history having sold over 14 million copies, Deadline magazine said.
Perhaps Meat Loaf's best-known song was the single "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" reached the number one spot in the US charts in 1993, staying there for five weeks, according to Deadline.
The magazine also explains that Meat Loaf was set to develop a TV series, based on his hit single, comprising of comedic series of tasks for couples to compete in.
ab/wmr (AP, AFP)
- art cultureEurovision Song Contest 2022 Winners: Ukraine Wins On Public Vote
- menPandit Shivkumar Sharma: Facts About The Santoor Maestro And Music Composer
- wellnessExpert Article: Positive Impact Of Music On Mental Health
- womenLegendary Singer-Actress Barbra Streisand At 80: Still Topping The Charts!
- art cultureIconic English Rock Band Pink Floyd Writes First Song In 28 Years For Ukraine
- art cultureGrammy Awards 2022: Olivia Rodrigo, Jon Batiste, Doja Cat Win; BTS, Justin Bieber, Lil Nas Perform
- womenBillboard Women In Music Awards2022 Best Dressed: Olivia Rodrigo, Normani, Doja Cat And More
- menBappi Lahiri: Legendary Music Director’s Iconic Fashion Statements
- fashion trendsJustin Bieber And Hailey Bieber Twin In White At Super Bowl 2022!
- art cultureBRIT Awards 2022: Adele Wins Top Prizes, Says 'I Can't Believe A Piano Ballad Won'
- fashion trendsBRIT Awards 2022: Adele, Olivia Rodrigo - Decoding Best Dressed Celebrities On The Red Carpet!
- art cultureMultiple Grammy And Oscar Award-Winning Composer John Williams Turns 90