The term 'Siddha' means a 'Sage'. Hence the term 'Siddhasana' This Yoga pose is one of the poses that promotes meditation.
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched forward.
- Bend the left leg at the knee.
- Clutch the left foot and place the heel close to the perineum and place the sole of the left foot against the right thigh.
- Bend the right thigh at the knee and keep the right foot over the left ankle, placing the right heel against the pubic bone.
- Keep the right sole of the right foot between the thigh and the calf area of the left leg.
- See that the body does not rest on the heels.
- Have the arms stretched in fornt and rest the hands on the knees with the palms facing up.
- Stay in the position as long as you can, having the back, neck and the head upright.
- Draw the vision inward with the gaze fixed on the tip of the nose.
- Move put of the position and relax for sometime. Repeat the pose with the right heel near the perineum and the left foot over the right ankle for the same period of time.
- This asana is ideal to relieve stiffness in the knees and ankles.
- It promotes blood circulation in the lumber region and the abdomen
- It is beneficial for the lower part of the spine and the abdominal organs.
- It is beneficial for the pubic region.
- It is ideal for meditation and brings in calmness of mind.
Disclaimer: Before practice, please consult your doctor in case you are suffering from ailments. It is recommended to practice under the guidance of experts.