The term Matsya Kridasana can be translated as 'Flapping fish pose' This asana serves as an excellent relaxation pose, apart from the numerous benefits that bestow on the body and the mind. Hence it can be categorized in Yoga for relaxation.
- Lie on the stomach
- Bend the elbows and have the fingers interlocked.
- Rest the cheek on the interlocked fingers.
- Bend the right knee to bring it close to the ribs.
- Let the right knee touch the right elbow.
- Close the eyes and relax.
- Breathe normally.
- Aids in digestion and hence works against constipation.
- Helps in Sciatica.
- Works against back ache.
- Helps in reducing fat.
Before practice, please consult your doctor in case you are suffering from ailments. It is recommended to practice under the guidance of experts.