Jyeshtikasana can be translated into 'Superior Pose.' It is one of the Yoga pose for relaxation.
- Lie down flat on the stomach with legs straight.
- Rest your forehead on the ground
- Place the hands forward and interlock the fingers
- Bend the elbows and place the palms of the hands (interlocked fingers) just above the neck.
- Rest the elbows on the floor
- Relax the body and breathe normally but with a rhythm.
- Remain in the position for a while and gently release yourself from the pose
This asana is ideal to relieve one from back pain, issues in the spine, stiff neck, Spondylitis (cervical) etc.
Before practice, please consult your doctor in case you are suffering from ailments. It is recommended to practice under the guidance of experts.