Advasana is one among the others which, can be categorized under Yoga for relaxation. It is translated into English as the 'Downward facing corpse pose'
- Lie down on the stomach
- Stretch the hands forward with palms facing downward. (In some cases the palms are joined together)
- Do not pressurise the belly.
- Rest the forehead on the floor and elbows close to the ears.
- Have the neck kept straight
- Have a comfortable distance between your legs
- Relax the spine and the torso relaxed
- Breathe naturally and rhythmically
- It brings relief in pain owing to slip discs
- Good for the back.
- Relieves hardness in the neck muscles
- Sets right stooping in stature.