This asana is also called Ardha Chakrasana in some schools. The bend from the waist sideways resembles, half wheel and hence the name.
Step1: Stand straight with your arms by your side. Keep your back and neck straight. Look ahead.
Step 2: Inhale and slowly raise you left hand straight up above your head. Keep your left arm close to your ear.
Step 3: Exhale and bend to your right. Slide your right hand down, alongside your right leg. Let your left arm touch your left ear as you bend your head to the right. Hold the pose for 10-30 seconds. Breathe normally in the pose.
- Clear blockages in the lungs and improves breathing.
- Improves flexibility of the hips.
- Reduces fat and tones the waist.
- Those with abdominal and hip injury must avoid this pose
- Do not bend forward or backward in this pose.
Disclaimer: Before practice, please consult
your doctor in case you are suffering from ailments. It is
recommended to practice under the guidance of experts.