It is this time of the year when we celebrate the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi 2015. To make sure this festival is celebrated with pomp and show and less confusion, it is essential you get a checklist made two to three days before the festival commences.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2015 is a festival celebrated by the Hindu's in a grand way and decorating the puja table where the idol has to be placed is important and the first thing anyone should do to get started with the celebrations.
Here are the things you need to keep on your checklist for the festival, take a look:
- Five suparis or beetlenut
- Four brown coconuts for the puja
- Paint brush - which is used to clean the idol
- One kg of white uncooked rice or akshata which is rice mixed with kumkum or turmeric.
- A garland made out of marigold flowers.
- A new silk clean cloth which is used to cover the Ganesha idol.
- A ton of fresh flowers, preferably marigold, hibiscus and chamundi flowers.
- Perfumed oil to use for the kalash.
- A few banana leaves which you need to place on either sides of the diety.
- Dhruva grass or elephant grass which also needs to be placed near the idol on the table where Ganesha is placed.
- Diya wicks. Along with this you need oil or ghee which is used to light the diya.
- 11 or 21 Modaks is a must for prasad. You can also get some other sweets like laddoos. Along with modak, you can also give fresh fruit as prasad.
- Also, get a fresh made toran which is made of mango leaves strung on yellow thread. Get the toran for the main door of the house.
- You must also get a toran for the table where the idol is kept. You can make this toran with the marigold or chamundi flowers.
TIP: Ensure that whatever you use is new and fresh.