Everyone will tell you that married life is not a bed of roses. Instead of getting ticked off by this statement, you could actually make hay while the sunshine lasts. This is because marriage is probably the best teacher you will ever get to give lessons in life. If you actually put your mind to it, you can learn a lot from marriage.
Here are 10 lessons in life that you can take from your married life.
1. Patience Thrives: Being impatient is being silly. Married life actually teaches you to be patient. If you learn to be patient in your marriage, it will help you even in your professional life.
2. Nothing Lasts Forever: Did you think that the fresh passion in your love life will last forever? Well it is never too late to learn.
3. Think First React Later: If you do this, you will avoid some of the worst fights in your married life. Moreover, you will learn to take better decisions in life if you can learn to curb instant reactions.
4. You Can Never Change Anyone: But you can change yourself. So you have to be the change that you want to see in your partner and also in the world around you.
5. Change Is The Only Constant In Life: Five years into your marriage, if you can no longer recognise yourself, it means that you have learned an important thing; change is inevitable and you must embrace it.
6. You Cannot Escape Sacrifices: When we are young, we believed that we will never compromise. But married life makes you wise and you realise that no one in this world can get away without making sacrifices.
7. Communication Is The King: The divorce rates will come down by half if couples learn to communicate properly. The communication skills you pick up from marriage actually help you in your career.
8. You Are Your Best Friend: Although we get married to be with someone forever, marriage teaches you to live yourself. You realise that you are actually your best friend and no one else in the world matters more than you.
9. Money Matter: Marriage teaches you some ground realities about life; for example money can't buy love but love can't buy either.
10. Nothing Is Impossible: Sometimes you can really surprise yourself with the thing you do to save your marriage. These experiences will banish the word 'impossible' from your vocabulary. If your marriage can work out, everything in the world is possible.
These skills required for a happy marriage. But these skills can also make your life outside the marriage a successful one. So be a good student.