Christmas is almost here and this is a perfect time to enjoy with your family & friends. We all try our level best to make people around us happy and special during this festive season. But there is someone who deserves extra care and love from you; your grandparents. For most of us grandparents are the most valuable and precious people on this planet.
The bond that grandparents share with their grandchildren is truly a cherished one and is a bond for lifetime. However, most often we fail to give them much time in our daily life which makes them sad. So, if somehow you failed to give proper time to your grandparents then here are few tips to make them happy. We give you ways to make your grandparents happy this Christmas.
1. Go shopping with them: Christmas is all about decorations. And you will need a lot of stuffs like bell, balloons, candles, stars, wreath etc. to decorate the Christmas tree. So take your grandparents along for the Christmas shopping. Make sure you take their advise and comment before buying anything. Taking their opinions will make them feel important. This will make your grandparents happy and will boost your bonding too!
2. Cook their favourite food by yourself: We know it takes a lot of efforts to cook. But trust me, when you will serve your grandparents their favourite dish they will cherish it forever. Don't worry much about the taste of your food as it is always the effort that is counted. Grandparents are usually very sensitive and they don't want any monetary help from you. All they need is you and your little time.
3. Listen to their Christmas party ideas/stories: When your family or friends listen carefully to what you say, you feel happy and supported. Same happens with your grandparents too. In old age it is very common to feel ignored and alone. Therefore, this Christmas ask your grandparents their Christmas stories and how they celebrated Christmas when they were young. Your grandparents will be delighted when you take a keen interest in their stories.
4. Gift them: Gifting can be a real good option to make your grandparents feel happy. Gift your grandparents some gifts (it could be a their favourite book, a spectacles, or some cosmetic idea for your grand moms). Always remember that though your grandparents never ask for gifts, they do feel special when you present a gift to them.
5. Dance or play with them: Studies have proved that after 55 years of age people start behaving like a child. So, just think what you do with a child to make him/her feel happy? You dance and play with them. So, this Christmas eve when you hit the dance floor, don't forget to take your grandparents along. You can also play games like pass-on the pillow, dumb sheraz etc with your grandparents. These games will be very interesting and fun for them too!
So, how are you planning to make your grandparents happy this Christmas?