Toddlers are very choosy when it comes to food. They are very picky and won't eat food which they don't like. Depending on their mood and choice, you have to prepare a healthy toddler eating chart. A proper diet is important to supply enough nutrients and keep them active and growing.
Toddlers eating chart:
1. Give small amount of food at short intervals. Toddlers have small stomach so their appetite will be less. Stuffing them more food can only lead to hatred towards food and health problems especially obesity.
2. Whole grains such as oatmeal, bagel, cereal or rice should be well measured. For eg, a ¼ cup of cooked cereal such as oatmeal, or ¼ cup of rice or pasta. ' of a slice of whole grain bread are sufficient for toddler's diet.
3. Legumes such as chickpeas and black beans are healthy and nutritious foods. Include them in the toddler's eating chart for meal. Wheat flour rotis are best dinner for toddlers.
4. One boiled egg with milk or yogurt is a healthy and filling breakfast. Dairy products such as American or natural cheese, milk and yogurt contains high amount of calcium which is helpful for the baby's growth and development.
5. If the toddler disagrees to eat some food, don't offer it before a week. This way they will forget about it and might like it next time.
6. To make the toddler like food, become a perfect example for him/her. Your child will love to eat the same food you like and enjoy. Try it!
7. If you are including meat or fish in the toddler's diet, don't give more than one ounce for the day. Wash the meat or fish or seafood to kill the germs and bacteria. Cook them well to prevent stomach infections.
8. Include sweets in the toddler's eating chart. For eg, garnish fruit salad with cream or chocolate sauce. If your toddler hates milk, add some chocolate sauce to make it tasty for him/her.
Include these foods in your toddler's eating chart which are not only healthy but also promotes body's growth and development.