Best Learning Games For Toddlers:
1. Jigsaw Puzzles: You might feel that they are too common to be on the list of best educational games for toddlers but you are wrong. Education is not just about knowledge;it is also about skills and logic. Jigsaw puzzles are great for your child's all round development because it tests their memory of the original picture and their sense of shape is nurtured because they have to look for the fitting piece. Moreover it helps your child develop a very uncommon quality, common sense.
2. Building Blocks: Again the commonest of learning games for toddlers that we all have played as kids. But its benefits are quite uncommon. It helps your child develop a sense of structure and building something from the scratch. It will also foster their creativity because they can try out different things with the blocks every single time!
3. Abacus: There are a million new media educational games for toddlers that will teach them numbers. But compared to these hi-tech games, the simple rather ancient abacus, still remains the best medium to teach your little one to count. Sometimes the touch and feel of an object is also necessary to understand concepts. The colourful moving beads of of the abacus provide the required impetus to your child's learning.
4. Name Place Animal Thing: Does that bring a hint of smile to your lips? Do you still retain a half forgotten memory of playing this game? It is quite a simple interactive game for toddlers. You will randomly pick a letter from the alphabet and he or she will have to say a name (proper noun), place (knowledge), animal (common noun) and thing (could be any noun other than proper noun).
For example: If you pick 'M' them the answer should be something like Mona, Melbourne, Monkey and Mayonnaise. This game for toddlers allows you to play along with your child while taking care of his or her linguistic skills.
5. Flash Cards: Using flash cards is a very useful teaching method even for school going children. You can improvise and turn it into a toddler learning game for almost anything be it math, language or logic. Children have sharper memory for pictures than words which makes flash cards very useful.
Learning games for toddlers can make your job easy. If you are new parents then these parenting tips will be of much use to you.