Safe Herbal Medications During Pregnancy
Do's-. Natural remedies are very useful in pregnancy. They not only aid some of the common pregnancy discomforts but also provide nutrients and vitamins to the expecting mother. So, expecting mother's can intake herbal medicines for their additional benefits.
Dont's-- Some herbs can have adverse affects on health as there are chances of them crossing the placenta. If you are looking forward to choose natural medications during your pregnancy then it should be under supervision. Make sure you check the label before consuming any medicine. Do not use them in excess
How Much Herbs Are Safe- Make sure you consume herbs in moderate level. One of the best way to use herbs when you are pregnant is to include them in your cooking regime Herbal teas are safe and healthy during pregnancy but, should be taken in moderate level. 1-2 cups a day is safe to consume during pregnancy. You can add herbs like oregano in pastas and cinnamon in your desserts. They add on to your taste buds and are very healthy.
Safe Medications During Pregnancy:
Natural remedies consumed in moderate levels are safe during pregnancy. Make sure you consult your doctor before consuming it.
- Herbal medications like chillies are safe when taken in limited quantity but, an excess of it may cause diarrhea in pregnant women.
- 2-3 spoons of grated ginger in a day can relieve you from nausea and vomiting. Women with a history of miscarriage should consume lesser ginger.
- Eucalyptus oil is safe to use in diluted form and when inhaled while steaming work wonders to treat sinus.
- Peppermint is another safe medication that can be taken during pregnancy. Excess of peppermint can cause heartburn, nausea and induce vomiting.
- Aromatherapy is also very beneficial at the time of pregnancy. The use of various essential oils in aromatherapy not only helps you to relax by decreasing the pain that you encounter during pregnancy.
Medications That Must Be Avoided During
Some herbal medications must be avoided at the time of pregnancy.
- Avoid cotton root and false unicorn root as they stimulates the uterus.
- Jasmine can cause premature labour and miscarriage.
These are few point that highlight on safe medications techniques in pregnancy..