What is pelvic pain?
It is a pain which occurs in the pelvic muscles during the later stages of pregnancy. Pelvic pain is more common in the third trimester. After lightening (when the baby drops into the pelvic area for delivery), the pelvic muscles feel pressure. The foetus head puts pressure on pelvis, bladder and hips.
How to reduce pelvic pain during pregnancy?
1. To reduce pelvic muscle pain, try prenatal exercises especially meant for pelvic muscles. For e.g.; pelvic tilts and hip relaxation are great pelvic exercises.
2. Swimming is another home remedy to get relief from pelvic pain. It relaxes the back pain and also works on pelvic muscles.
3. A hot shower provides a pleasant relief from pelvic and back pain among pregnant women. As your skin is sensitive, be careful while bathing with hot water.
4. Prenatal pelvic pain is a common health problem. Therefore, you can wear prenatal belt or girdle around the hips to get relief. The belt provides support to the bump weight.
5. Many pregnant women complain that the pain in their pelvic region is more at night. To reduce the pain, sleep with a pillow in between the knees.
6. Massage with a heating pad. You can also include the heating pad in your prenatal massage.
Pelvic pain is not dangerous and is faced by many pregnant women. Avoid lifting heavy weight or walking too much. Take rest and prepare for labor!