When labor starts before the 37th week (from the first day of your last menstrual cycle), these may be the preterm pregnancy risks.
1. Spontaneous abortion
2. Severe urinary tract infection
3. Complications like premature rupture of the membranes, pre-eclampsia and haemorrhage
4. Malformation of uterus
5. Severe anaemia, acute appendicitis and abdominal operation
These complications may affect mortality of the baby and maternal health. But during preterm, the decision of whether to continue with pregnancy or terminate needs to be at a fast pace.
The eight month pregnant will be subjected to tests and may even be asked to take bed rest. The contraindication of preterm labor includes
1. Maternal Issues: severe hypertension, gestational diabetes
2. Fetus: death, distress, congenital malformation
Neonatal care is extremely important during the eight month pregnancy.
While if the doctor decides on c-section for the eight month, then there isn't a problem as he/she will know the ideal time for birth of healthy baby and mother. Do not delay eight month baby delivery unnecessarily as it will affect their health.