The baby might not have come into this world yet, but it is already a part of your reality. You feel your baby everyday and alter your lifestyle to keep it comfortable. So why shouldn't your start bonding with the baby from the time you have conceived. Medical research has proved that your baby can hear you tentatively from the 16th week of your pregnancy. Thus, we can assume that it has some understanding too.
Here are 5 ways in which you can bond with the baby in your womb even before delivery.
5 Ways To Bond With The Baby:
1. Name Him/Her: Would you like it if anybody calls you without a name? No. So why should it be any different for your baby? Giving the baby in your womb a name gives him or her an identity. Most parents complain that they cannot name the baby because they do not know whether it is a boy or girl. But, we have a solution for that. You can always use a unisex name like 'Simba' or 'Nemo' as the tentative pet name. Change the nick name after the baby is born if you like.
2. Talk To Him/Her: It is vitally important that you talk to your unborn baby. It is an old belief that baby's like the sound of their mother's voice. It soothes him or her and thus, even after becoming adults we find tremendous relief and comfort in our mothers voice. If you talk to the baby in your womb, it may learn to recognize your familiar voice even after birth.
3. Bonding With Daddy: The expecting mother is in a privileged position as far as bonding with the baby is concerned. You can feel the baby inside you and that is the biggest bond. The expecting father needs to do his bit. Make the father talk to the baby too so that the baby becomes familiar with his voice. Make him feel the tiny kicks of your unborn baby so that he too can experience the pregnancy with you.
4. Play Some Music Mommy: It is believed that listening to music during pregnancy is very healthy. The baby in your womb likes soft and harmonious melodies. Play some instrumental music in a disk player and hold the speakers on your baby bump. Can you feel your baby's dance steps already?
5. Sibling Love: If you already have children then you have to start the bonding process between the siblings right from the pregnancy. Tell your child/children to talk to their new sibling through your tummy. They could tell the baby in your womb what happened at school or make birthday plans with their little sibling. It helps the baby bond with the child that is already present in the family.
What else do you do to bond with the baby in your womb?