Waxing is a method to remove unwanted hair from the body. There are various methods of waxing and the method of removing unwanted body hair is really painful. During pregnancy, it is believed that waxing is not a safe method of hair removal but there is no such evidence to prove that waxing is dangerous.
During pregnancy, the woman has more hair growth. If you are waxing during pregnancy, follow these tips to ensure proper skin care.
1. The skin becomes very sensitive during pregnancy. This is why, it is best to read the directions before waxing hands, legs or pubic area.
2. As the blood flow in the body increases during pregnancy, it is best to test on a small area before. If the waxed area itches, burns or pains, stop waxing.
3. Always apply powder on the skin before waxing. This dries the skin and makes it easy to apply wax.
4. As the skin is very sensitive, chances of getting rashes are very high. Always tighten the skin before pulling the wax strap.
5. In the later stages of pregnancy, you can't wax yourself so it is best to visit professionals.
6. If you are waxing pubic hair, it is best to trim them before waxing. Long hair can make waxing more painful. So always trim before waxing the pubic hair during pregnancy.
7. After waxing, little blood can come out due to sensitive skin. Apply ice cubes immediately after waxing to reduce waxing pain and burn.
8. Apply a body lotion or moisturizer after the waxing is done. Don't rub the skin with hard towel. Use cotton cloth piece to wipe off water.
Though waxing is painful, it is the best method to remove unwanted body hair and maintain hygiene during pregnancy. Also the hair growth reduces due to waxing. Try these skin care tips if you are waxing during pregnancy.