After delivery, women need to be careful in their dressing as they have to breastfeed time and again and the comfort level of the new mother after a delivery is also important. Regardless of weight gain or loss in the first couple of weeks postpartum, the uterus takes 5 to 6 weeks to decrease in size, which means that the clothes may fit you differently than before. You need to be comfortable in what you are wearing whilst being presentable. Wearing tight dresses in the postnatal stage can be irritating and difficult to carry.
Postnatal dresses collection should have loose fitting dresses. Try wearing dresses that are feminine, flowing and easy to carry. Lets check out what postnatal dresses are best for new mothers.
Postnatal dresses for new mothers:
- Select beautiful colours that will brighten your mood. Opt for floral colours and avoid light colours as new mothers are prone to getting stains while caring for the baby.
- Baggy or loose fitting t-shirts or sweatshirts can hide the stomach bulges. To hide heavier arms, try adding feminine sweater with a loose fitting pant or trouser. If you have a short waist and need to create shape, wear a belt to accessorise the dress and look stylish.
- A top or t-shirt with a knee length skirt is a comfortable postnatal dress. Wear a simple neck piece to accessorise the elegant look.
- Go for tops which are not only loose but also has buttons. Buttons in postnatal dresses especially tops are good nursing clothes for breastfeeding and comfortable. Complicated necklines like round neck can be difficult for breastfeeding and also wearing a nursing bra becomes a complication. Stick to classic shapes like v-neck whenever possible. Even try to avoid wearing extremely tight clothes after postpartum.
- Apart from postpartum clothes, in heels, simple ballet shoes or flat slippers are comfortable. Supportive wedge heels are stylish and can be worn if they are easy to carry while having a baby in the arms.
- Use nursing vests underneath your postpartum clothes for your comfort. Some nursing vests feature a body-shaping panel which holds in your tummy, shapes your waist in short works on getting back you into the shape.
Use these ideas for postnatal dresses and stay stylish even after a delivery!