Indian Diet List For Post Pregnancy -
1. During post pregnancy, mothers would need good energy diet that should consist of whole grain, selective dairy products, vegetables and fresh fruits. To start with, the post pregnant women can drink a dry fruit milkshake as it provides sufficient energy. One can consult a doctor on what type of nuts can be used for making the milkshake.
2. The breakfast can consist of idlis (made of unpolished rice), Dosa (multigrain) or even a bread sandwich. An antioxidant rich fruit juice can be added with the breakfast package.
3. A cup of tea in between breakfast and meal is good. Herbs in tea will refresh and energise the body and mind. Some simple stretches and other exercise can be done in the meantime.
4. After a hot water bath, eating hot jeera or pepper rasam with rice, a salad and butter milk rice will help in restoring the energy. A pan (areca nut and betel leaf) after meal will provide good amount of minerals and induce sleep.
5. After an evening walk, drinking cup of coconut water, carrot juice, melon or cucumber juice will help in retaining the water balance.
6. Drinking a lot of water will clean and detox the body. Energy rich nuts, fruits and vegetables gives good energy for the breastfeeding mothers.
7. The Indian dinner diet can be a smaller meal, with just soup, little ghee and hot rice, some green leafy vegetable curry and curd.
8. A glass of hot plain skimmed milk will complete the post pregnancy day's diet.