No matter what our age or gender is, we as adults know the importance of exercising. Though most of us try to postpone doing it because it seems like a huge effort. The best way to enjoy and develop a regular approach to exercise is to start young. Sports like basketball, swimming, tennis, cycling, running etc, must be introduced to your child as early as possible.
According to a research conducted by Science Daily in 2010, there is an association between physical fitness and the brain of a 9 to 10-year-old child. It is found that those who are more fit tend to have a bigger hippocampus (major components of the brain) and perform better in a memory test when compared to their less-fit peers.
Apart from these benefits, you might be surprised at the skill that your kid possesses in the fitness sports. They may even turn out to be the next world champion! So, make your child exercise for the overall development of their mind and the body.
Here we give you ways to induce the love of exercise in your kid’s daily life.
1. Bar Hanging– Kids love to hang by the horizontal bars along with their friends and see who can hold on for the longest. This activity is in fact a child’s version of weight training and it goes a long way to build his arms and shoulders.
2. Side to Side moves– You can actually accompany your child every morning in this activity. Keep your arms stretched out on both sides and spread your legs apart. Then move your arms side to side, as far as you can go, without moving your legs. This is an excellent activity to increase flexibility and reduce the strain on the back from carrying all those heavy books!
3. Skipping– By introducing the skipping rope at an early age, you’d be doing your kid a great favour! Not only is it fun, but it also exercises the whole body while he jumps the rope and even helps increase the level of concentration.
4. Running in place– Make it a habit to put on some peppy music, wake up your kid from bed and start running in your place. Starting your day out with running can benefit both you and your child. Even five minutes of this activity daily will ensure that you and your child have an energetic and productive day!
5. Hop Scotch– Most of us are familiar with the game hop scotch that requires you to hop on one leg on few numbers drawn on the ground. This game makes your kid sharper and swifter by hopping and jumping on the ground.