Almost all working parents are too busy decorate their houses for Christmas, especially with the over excited kids around. But when you put the two together, you might find a solution to your problem. It is the kids who are most enthusiastic about Christmas decorations so employ your kids in Christmas crafts to deck up your home. All you have to do is delegate the responsibility of decoration to your kids so that you channelize their bubbling energy in a creative direction.
Here are some tips to use kids Christmas crafts to do your home decorations for Christmas this year.
Tips To Use Kids Crafts For Christmas Decorations:
- Ask Them For Help: You have to ask you kids to help with the work. Remember they also like to be asked. It can also be that your kids find you struggling with the work and offer help on their own. Usually the kids are the most excited and want to do it on their own. The idea is to not keep them out because they are not perfect.
- Give Responsibility: You have to chalk out responsibilities for them. Don't let it be vague till the last minute. If your kids are doing decorations of all the rooms them give them a budget and a time limit for it. If you have two or more kids you can distribute the areas among them.
- Best Out Of Waste: For your Kids Christmas crafts you do not have to allow them a huge budget of purchases. Instead of running to the stores 10 times advise them to make the best out of waste. Give them all the articles you have brought and stored over the years and ask them to come up with ideas to use them in innovative ways.
- Give Them Ideas: You also have to encourage them by giving them ideas. They may have a new set of ideas but you can help them develop upon your old ones too. Tell them how you did decorations as kids for Christmas. You can teach them a few tricks like making chains out of marble paper or the bets way to stuff stockings.
- Guide Them Where Required: You have to be around when they are deep into work and see how things are going. They might find it difficult to cut properly or use too much glue. You have to basically 'be there' even if you are not directly involved.
- Ensure There Aren't Any Accidents: Home decorations for Christmas will require climbing ladders, using scissors and also electrical points. Make sure that there are no house accidents while doing these precarious tasks in a state of excitement.
- Make Them Clean Up The Mess: There will be lot of mess after they finish decorating but it is not for you to clean up after them. You have tell them to clean up their own mess.
Use these parenting tips to use kids Christmas crafts for decorations.