To get pregnant after birth control can pose a series of challenges. The most technically challenging of the lot is birth control pills that play around with your hormonal balance. So if you are using contraception methods be it the pill or something else, you need get proper guidelines on how to conceive after you stop using contraception. You may be disappointed if you start trying for a baby without knowing the right time frame for conceiving.
Here is how you must go about getting pregnant after using birth control methods.
Tips To Get Pregnant After Birth Control:
1. You may not be totally sure of what being on birth control pills does to your reproductive system. When you are taking these pills you do not ovulate at all. Yes, the hormone suppresses your ovulation and the periods that you get are due to the sudden drop in the hormone levels when you stop the pill.
2. Usually the last 3 pills are placebo because they have little or no hormone in them. So you get your periods within 2 to 4 days of stopping the pills. Now after giving your body these doses, however small they may be, of hormone, it takes time for your ovaries to get back to normal.
3. Every woman's body and system is different. Some women can get pregnant within days of stopping the birth control pills while others need to wait out a few circles. Ideally, you should wait for your first natural cycle to happen before trying to conceive.
4. Sometimes you may not get your periods after stopping the pill because your eggs are taking time to mature after a long period of sabbatical. Basically the body's hormonal balance needs to get back on track after using contraception methods.
5. If you have a history of miscarriages or other abnormalities then it best to wait for 3 normal cycles before you conceive. This eliminates the risk of unnatural bleeding during pregnancy.
6. Other contraception methods like Intrauterine Devices (IUD) allow you to conceive faster. The metal IUD using copper as their base have to be removed physically at the doctors chamber and it takes just minutes; you can get pregnant after using birth control of this type immediately.
7. The hormone patches are also IUDs but you may need to wait out one normal cycle before you start thinking about how to conceive. Although it doesn't affect you as much as the pills it does impact the hormone balance.
8. Barrier methods like condoms and diaphragms are the best when it comes to conceiving quickly. You can get pregnant as soon as you stop using them!
Use these tips to understand the process and science behind birth control. You can easily get pregnant after using birth control methods once you understand the workings behind it.