5th June is celebrated as environment-day-a-wake-up-call-1012870.html">World Environment Day. Every year we decide to take up initiatives to go green and save our environment. However, the trends and adapted lifestyle has made us get used to the non eco-friendly habits and items. We can decide to go green and do our bit. At home you can plant trees and go eco-friendly but, what about work place? Here are few ways to go green at work too!
- If it is possible to avoid the usage of paper, go for it! Instead of doing paper work, use computers. Go eco-friendly by avoiding printers. If you are using paper, opt for recycled paper. See that the paper has less chlorine bleach.
- Instead of taking out fresh notepads, finish the empty space from the existing piece of notes first. Print or write on both the sides of the paper. Before disposing, use the papers as much as you can.
- Always turn off your system before leaving. If you save energy, you save the future of the coming generations. Whenever you go out for a break or leave for home, do not forget to turn off your computer system.
- Instead of using plastic show pieces to decorate your bay, go for bonsai plants and fish bowls. You can keep small plants in containers and decorate your desk. If you feel plants will look odd, pick up your favourite fish and bring the bowl to work. This is one of the easiest ways to go green at work.
- There are eco-friendly furniture available in the market. Use them and go green!
- Save lights and go natural. If it is a bright sunny day, turn off your lights and open the curtains. It is fun to work in natural light. You will not even feel sleepy! If you are using lights, do not forget to turn it off before you leave from work.
- Why wear brands when eco-friendly apparel are available in the market. Yes! There are few famous brands who make eco-friendly fabric clothes that are not harmful for the environment. This environment day, decide to go green at work and do your bit!
- Leave the car or bike keys at home. Get a cycle and start paddling to work. You are not only doing your bit to stay eco-friendly but, also saving your health from harmful diseases such as stress, weight gain or fatigue.
- Carry lunch in reusable containers. Reusable containers are healthier than the plastic ones. They can be reused and are healthy too!
Try these ways to go eco-friendly. World Environment Day is celebrated to create an awareness about the rising social and nature's problem. We should do our bit? Are you with us?