The monsoons disappointed us this year, but we seem to have got an extra lease of rainy days. Thanks to storm Nilam, the weather is just mind blowing and chilly now. In fact it is the perfect weather to gossip over steaming cups of tea. We Indians are very choosy about our tea; everybody likes their tea brewed in a particular way. That is why there are various types of tea that are popular in different parts of the country.
Here are some of the best types of tea to try on a rainy day like this one.
1. Adrak Wali Chai: While you enjoy the rains, the chill in the air might just give you a sore throat or a slight cough. Tea brewed with minced ginger is one of the best ways to deal with minor cold symptoms like these. This type of tea is very popular for its zesty flavour and also for its medicinal purposes.
2. Masala Chai: Is your mood in the doldrums on a rainy day? Then you need to give your mood a lift with the richness some hot Indian spices. Masala chai is a type of tea that is brewed with whole spices like cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves. That is why, it gives you an instant high.
3. Black Tea: Many people like their tea without any milk and even sugar. This kind of tea is called liquor or black tea. Black tea is neither fattening nor difficult to digest (milk makes tea a heavy beverage to digest), that is why you can have as many cups of this tea as you like. So make your stay at home on a rainy day worthwhile with black tea and some crispy snacks to go with it.
4. Chinese Tea: Not many people are aware that tea is actually a Chinese innovation. The Chinese brew a very light concoction of water and tea leaves. They add some special Chinese herbs to it. Not only does this kind of tea give you a burst of energy but is also very healthy for you.
5. Lemon Tea: Rainy days usually make you lazy; you just want to curl up in a blanket and sleep. But sleeping all day will just make you feel dull. So get some citrus extracts into your body with lemon tea. This tea made with lemon and honey will recharge your body and mind. Green tea leaves can be used for this type of tea.
6. Gur Wali Chai: This kind of tea is also called Punjabi chai. The specialty of this tea is that it is prepared with jaggery instead of sugar. The jaggery gives a thick consistency and also, it has lots of milk and cream in it!
7. Irani Chai: The Irani cafes in Mumbai are simply famous for this ultra sweet tea that you can sip with bun maska.
These are some of the most popular types of tea you can enjoy on a rainy day. Lets hope that you get to try all of these!