Designer couture that has remained over the years and decades is what we are talking about. You can still recall the year when Audrey Hepburn came bouncing with her girlish charm in the floral printed belted dress from Givenchy way back in 1954. Here are some of the unforgettable red carpet dresses worn by the leading ladies of Hollywood.
Top 5 Red Carpet Dresses Of All Time:
1. Julia Roberts, Valentino 2001: Classic and traditional, this gown from the designer couture of Italy just takes the cake. No one will ever forget 'Pretty Woman' in her black dress with white trimming while she gave her acceptance speech for best actress. Julia Roberts is even otherwise one of the best dressed celebrities around.
2. Halle Berry, Eli Saab 2002: Chic and elegance personified, whenever you think of Halle Berry this is the picture that will rise up in your mind. This wine coloured beauty made of lace till the waist and skirted in silk there after is a dress made for Halle Berry's perfect contours. She won no award that year but the media was going berserk with her pictures in that gown and still throws it up whenever they get the chance.
3. Jules Asner, Anne Bowen, 2002: It is without any scope of doubt the most expensive red carpet dress ever. Many best dressed celebrities hide the price tags of their gowns but this one was made to dazzles. With a 5000 25 carat diamonds used to create this gown its cost is estimated to be about $5 million! The diamonds were called 'Hearts of Fire' because Asner hoped to set all hearts on fire with envy.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow, Ralph Lauren, 1999: Not many ladies on the silver screen can boast of wearing pink and managing to look 'pretty' in it. Gwyneth Paltrow has that credit of wearing one of the most 'girlish' looking couture evening gowns from Ralph Lauren and managing to look serenely beautiful. The dress was more suitable for a bridesmaid than a Oscar winner but she somehow made it work.
5. Penelope Cruz, Versace, 2007: Was the idea of the Black Swan inspired by this dress? We do not know but what we do know is that Penelope Cruz's 'swan-like' entrance in 2007 inspired an extravagance of fashion in Hollywood. An appropriately low key flesh tone set off by a rapid mane of feathers from waist down. Full skirted and puffed, this strapless gown puts Penelope Cruz on the list of best dresses celebrities ever.
These were the top 5 red carpet dresses that will never be forgotten.