Only whisky lovers know the difference between a scotch, a bourbon and malt whisky. So when it comes to selecting the most expensive whisky in the world it needs to be specified that we are talking only about the best scotch in the world. So talking about the best brands of whisky especially scotch whisky is no mean task because the money involved in it is phenomenal. As they say wine and women get better with age so is the case with wine's elder cousin whisky; the older, the better and the costlier.
Here is a list of the most expensive whisky in the world for Scotch drinkers.
Most Expensive Scotch Whisky In The World:
1. Macallan 64 Year Old in Lalique: It is by and large the oldest and the best whisky ever bottled. It comes in an unique decanter the 'lost wax' design of which can be hardly replicated. Pure scotch this whishy was auctioned for an indecenta mount of money last year in New York. But there can never be a price too great for it.
2. Dalmore 64 Trinitas: If you missed out on the previous one then you can still attempt to buy this 64 years old version that is still available in select places. The exclusivity of this whisky is obvious from the name 'Trinitas' as only 3 bottles were ever produced. If you have the palate and the cash then one of the finest and most expensive whisky for your cellar.
3. Macallan Fine And Rare Collection 1926: When we talk about Scotch at its best then it is Macallan special edition of Fine and Rare whisky. The best whisky in this series was 60 years old and is unfortunately sold out of stock. You can still get a taste of this magical scotch but you have to either go to Borgata Hotel Casino or the Spa in Atlantic City, in New Jersey for it! Long way to travel for a drink that costs $3,300 per peg.
4. The Dalmore 62 Single Hiland Malt Scotch: Talking about the best scotch in the world you can you go back to Dalmore agian. This limited edition series (only 12 exclusive bottles) was launched and bought by some lucky rich man and thus never reached the masses. It remains elite single malt whisky to the 'T'.
5. Glenfiddich 40 Year Old: Another premium brand that makes the best scotch whisky in the world. This particular piece has been voted the best 'Single Malt' whisky in the world and therefore the price. It has a complex and deep taste; chocolate, honey and the undertones of smoky peat. Meant for connoisseurs to enjoy slowly.
These were the finest and the most expensive scotch whisky in the world so that you can get one for your collection soon.