Pets can’t tell you how they feel. If you are a pet lover, you should know the signs of their illness. Pets always entertain you and become your best friend. It is your duty to take care of them. Why do your pets get irritated?
From kidney diseases to arthritis, your pets are prone to several physical problems. You have to be aware about the ways to know if your pet is sick or not.
How to know if your pet is sick? There are definitely some symptoms to look for in your pets if they are facing any issues. They may behave strange or lose appetite.
Consult an expert veterinarian for any small problem. Also, you should maintain a diet chart for your pets. Regular dental cleaning and health checkups are necessary for keeping your pets healthy.
Take your pets for monthly checkups. Treat their problems at an early stage. Go through the proper vaccination procedures to avoid certain health issues. Whether you have dogs, cats, fishes or birds; each animal has different health issues. Never use a medicine for all.
To deal with the diseases of your pets, you must be aware of how to know if your pet is sick. Here are some ways to know if your pet is sick. Read on to know more.
1. Strange Behaviour: You know your pet the best. Any sudden change in its behavior may signal any physical uneasiness of the animal. In case of dogs, they may lose interest in walks or games. Cats can be ferocious for no reason.
2. Change In Physical Appearance: Physical changes are vivid than behavioural changes. Your animal should smell clean and their eyes should look bright. The coat must be shiny and furry. If your sofas and floors are scattered with their fur or you see a sudden change in their weight, consult a veterinarian at the earliest.
3. Loss Of Appetite: Is your pet not eating anything? Maybe the reasons are trivial. If their lack of appetite prolongs for a very long time, there is definitely some problem. This is how to know if your pet is sick.
4. Breathing Problems: What are the specific ways to know if your pet is sick? Have you noticed your pet sneezing, coughing or having problems to breathe properly? These symptoms trigger the respiratory problems of the pet. They may have any chest infection. Medical attention is needed therefore.
5. Loss Of Thirst: A pet may refuse to eat or even refuse to drink, in such cases, there can sure be some serious problem there. Dehydration to an animal can lead to many serious health issues, which may happen within 18 hours of not drinking enough water.
6. Vomiting: How to know if your pet is sick? Throwing up what your pets don’t like is not a serious issue. However, you should be careful if your pet is vomiting often. The reasons of vomiting in cats and dogs can be kidney damage, viral infections or having anything that is poisonous.
7. Diarrhoea: Vomiting with diarrhoea is a serious problem. Maybe diarrhoea to dogs are common, but if it doesn’t get cured by certain home remedies (can of sugar-free pumpkin, keep them in fasting for almost 24 hours), it is best to consult a doctor.
8. Scratch: If you see your pets scratching incessantly, it means that they have been affected by flees, mites or ticks. To deal with these parasites, you can give your pet a bath with commercial treatment. For example, if your bird is disturbed with scratching, give it a bath with turmeric water.
Therefore, always check out for the symptoms and if they increase, never delay to consult a doctor. After all, pets are as important as our family members.