If you think you live all alone in your house, you are probably wrong. The small insects and pests are your co-dwellers and they can make your life miserable.
Cockroaches, mosquitoes, ants, flies, etc., are there to spread diseases. Have you heard about fruit flies? These are the small black flies which are mainly attracted by the vegetables and fruits in your house.
They are responsible to rot and ferment the expensive veggies and fruits. These are mainly seen in the months of summer.
Dealing with fruit flies is really annoying. It is not difficult to kill them always easily.
People use toxic ingredients to get rid of them; however, those chemicals are harmful to you too, especially if you have kids, elderly persons or pets in your house.
Why not use home ingredients to get rid of fruit flies then?
These remedies are very effective and are not harmful too. Another benefit of using natural ways to get rid of fruit flies is that these remedies are easy to find in your kitchen and you don't need to spend lot on them either.
If you want a quick solution to stay away from such ailments, it is better to use home ingredients to get rid of fruit flies. So, what are the natural ways to get rid of fruit flies? Read on to know more.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is one of the best home ingredients to get rid of fruit flies. Pour apple cider vinegar into a jar. You can heat it up to spread the aroma more vividly. Mix dish soap with it, as it will kill flies. Wrap it with plastic and make small holes on it with a fork so that the flies can enter.
2. Rotten Fruits: Overripe or rotten fruits can't be eaten. Use those as fly traps instead. Cut it into pieces and put it into a mason. Cover it with plastic wrap and make holes on it. You will see it filled up with flies soon. Submerge it into a soapy water solution.
3. Milk, Sugar & Pepper Solution: Are you looking for natural ways to get rid of fruit flies? Make a solution of milk, ground pepper and raw sugar. Heat it on a low flame for 10-12 minutes. Place it on an area where you see maximum flies. Soon the bowl will be covered with flies. Get rid of it and wash it.
4. Red Wine: The process of making fly traps with red wine is similar to apple cider vinegar. Fruit flies like the smell of red wine. Make a solution of red wine and water and pour it into a jar. When you see it is filled with dead flies, dump it and wash the container well.
5. Lemon-Scented Dish Soap: This is one of the easiest home ingredients to get rid of fruit flies. The aroma of this dish soap will attract the flies. Make soap water and fill a spray bottle with it. Spray it at the corner of your house or areas where you see many fruit flies.
6. Vegetable Oil: If you see flies coming from the hole of the sink of your kitchen, vegetable oil can help you the best. Pour ½ a cup of vegetable oil into the hole and cover it with a tape. Leave it overnight. You will see dead flies stuck on the tape. If necessary, repeat the process.
Aren't these the safest home ingredients to get rid of fruit flies? Along with applying these, you should keep your surroundings clean as well.