Organising And Getting Ready For Christmas
1. You have only 18 days left for the grand celebration and are still thinking where to start? here are some tips for beginners. The basic thing you need to do is unclutter all the items that are eating up the space. Plan on the tree, crib and wreath placements. Make way by clearing all the unnecessary stuffs.
2. Once your room is clean, get all the items that you preserved in the last Christmas and select the best ones for the season. The dull, old and broken can also be set right by using glue and sparklers. Make a rough sketch of the Christmas tree and decide on the arrangement of the accessories.
3. Purchase a few metres of satin to decorate wreath and tree, see to it that you stick to a theme. If you select blue and white colours, then the entire arrangement needs to be of the same combination. So as with the green, gold and red contrast.
4. Plan the items and delicacies for the carnival. Your guests may be a fan of your cooking but deciding the items will help you to prepare in order. Your cakes, cookies and fermented drinks can be prepared a few days prior while non vegetarian food has to be made fresh.
5. Construct a crib a few days before and place all the gifts around the crib (gift boxes are best space fillers). The tree can also contain sweet notes for the family. The notes written on a glitter paper will add shine to the tree as well as spread the feeling of oneness in the family. The tree can also have pictures of your family to make it look like a family tree, a unique idea with a special significance.
Christmas organising also includes brewing, table layouts and shopping which all need to be discussed and set a few days before the eve. Jot down the budget for this year's Christmas (Christmas 2011) and split the expense according to priorities.
Subscribe to Boldsky
Story first published: Wednesday, December 7, 2011, 10:49 [IST]