Valentine's day is coming and it is time to get gifts from your valentine. Roses are one of the most common valentine's day gift. Preserving those rose stalks fresh for a long time is really difficult and all attempts to keep that special gift goes in vein after a day! To keep the flower vase bright and lively with fresh rose stalks, here are few tips to maintain the rose flowers and make them last longer.
Tips to keep rose stalks fresh:
1. The flower vase should be clean from bacteria. Scrub and wash the vase with hot water and bleach to kill bacterias which reduces the freshness of the rose.
2. It is best to store rose flowers in a cold place. This maintains the flowers and lasts long. You can either store the rose flowers in refrigerator overnight or keep them in cold water.
3. Sprinkle a pinch of bleach in water before putting the stalks. This prevents the growth of bacteria.
4. You can also store the rose flowers in warm water for one day. This keeps the rose flowers fresh for a long time as cut roses easily absorb warm water.
5. Always remove leaves from the from the bottom of the rose stem. Leaves rot and can easily grow bacteria. So, remove all foliage from the bottom.
6. Cut the rose stalk from bottom to keep it hydrated and fresh. You can cut everyday to keep it fresh. Fresh cuts enhances the glow and makes the rose flowers look fresh and last longer.
7. Keep the flower vase in a cold place where there is less humidity and sunlight. This prevents the rose flowers from drying.
8. Change the water everyday to make the rose stalks last longer. Cut the stalk from the bottom regularly to keep the flowers fresh. You can cut at an angle of 45 degree angle to allow easy absorption of water.
Whether the rose flowers are cut from the garden or bought from the florist shop, you would like to spread its smell and aroma in the house for days! Follow these tips to keep the rose fresh and bright for long. Store your romantic valentine's gift in a cool place and keep in the refrigerator at night if required.