It is Valentines day today, it is the day of roses. But buying roses on special days is a costly affair and growing them in gardens is even more difficult. There are few simple red rose care tips that need to be followed to grow and maintain roses in gardens. Take a look at these red rose care and red rose gardening tips
Red Rose Care And Red Rose Gardening Tips -
1. Pruning is a very important step in Rose care. Roses have to be pruned every spring when the new buds appear.
2. Old and damaged leaves have to be cut to support new growth.
3. To maintain the plant in good shape, trim the unwanted plant branches (not the newly growing red buds) and direct the newly growing buds by tying with a string in the direction you want it grow.
4. Use organic fertilizers for Roses like egg shells, vegetable compost for the plant to grow well with good nutrients. Do not add fertilizers to plants during Autumn.
5. Plants have to be watered well (at least twice daily) or whenever the soil found dry. Drip Irrigation system is also best for red rose care.
6. Remove all the unwanted weeds growing around the plant as it will gradually absorb all the necessary nutrients leaving the rose plant dead.
Use these red rose care and simple red rose gardening tips to turn your garden into a beautiful red rose garden. Remember always that gifting red roses from your garden is even more special to your partner than the ones bought from store.