Soft showers, gentle cool breeze, the fragrance of mud and flowers – all these are signs to that let us know the monsoon has arrived. This is a great time to introduce new plants this monsoon to your garden. The ones add color and fragrance to your garden. When new plants are added during the monsoon, they set up themselves more firmly – thanks to the high humidity, thick clouds and rainfalls.
However, selecting plants for gardening in the rainy season can be a big question. Both flowering shrubs and trees are good option. Check out these top monsoon plants that make you garden a more gorgeous place.
Top monsoon plants for your garden -
1. GLORY LILY (Gloriosa superba): The peculiar beauty of this flower is the different colors of the curved petals that are marked with wavy margins. This is climber with pale green buds that pass through various hues of yellow. The flowers finally bloom with golden yellow petals, which turn bright red at the tip of the petals after a couple of days. This red passes down to the base. After turning into blood-red, then go brick-red and dry after a week.
2. INDIAN FLEABANE (Vernonia cinerea): This is a small herb, which bears brush-like flowers that are actually composed of many tiny flowers. This flower is usually found in plenty in the countryside, in many different colors like white, pink, purple, violet or reddish.
3. WILD COCKSCOMB (Celosia argentea): A very common monsoon herb, this plant makes a very prominent appearance with its bright and shiny pinkish flowers. The tuft of the flower includes many small flowers and it can survive without water for more than two months, even after being removed from the plant.
4. WATER HYACINTH (Eichhornia crassipes): These beautiful lilac or mauve flowers grow in plenty. The stems easily develop into new plants and have no hassles in separating from the parent plant. The seeds of this plant are dispersed by water and wind.
5. WILD BALSAM (Impatient balsamina): This is a common herb that grows mildly fragrances flowers that are delicate. They can be found almost anywhere in the depth of rocks, roadside etc. Almost at any place where damp ground is available. They are usually found in white or pink shades, but other colors are also available.
6. TALIMKHANA (Asteracantha longifolia): This is a shrub, found in plenty during the damp season. Purple-blue to pale violet flowers are the main attraction of this plant. They grow between 2 to 5 feet high, have spines and hair. The seeds called “Talim-khana", have medicinal benefits.
7. BLUE IPOMOEA (Ipomoea nil): Lovely flowers grow on this creeper that is found very commonly in India. The colors of this plant vary from pure white, dark blue or purple, and various hues of yellow and crimson.
8. INDIGO PLANT (Indigofera enneaphylla): This plant trails along the ground and occupies large patches of ground during the monsoon. The bright reddish-crimson flowers show up well amidst the greens. Indigo is extracted from species of this plant.
These top monsoon plants are an excellent option to fill your garden with flowering plants that add a myriad of colors. So, go ahead follow these tips and decorate your garden this monsoon, using the top plants of the season!