Diwali is the festival of lights, crackers, unlimited fun, love and warmth. People, who never talk to someone throughout the year, don't hesitate to send a 'Happy Diwali' message to them on this very auspicious day.
Whenever the word 'Diwali' comes to your mind, you start spluttering with joy. From dawn to dusk, Diwali comes with lots of hope and prosperity.
Every year, you decorate your house on Diwali. The common things you need to decorate your house are diyas, lamps, paper lanterns, colourful torans, rangolis, etc.
Also Read: Amazing Diwali Decoration Tips
Have you ever tried to make handmade diyas? Yes, with simple ingredients like flour or clay, you can make beautiful and vibrant diyas for diwali.
Diwali is one of the festivals that kids cherish the most. If you engage them in making diyas, they will love to help you with uplifted spirit. You will be surprised to see their creativities too.
How to make homemade diyas for Diwali? You will get ideas about several types of handmade diyas, which you can decorate in your house wonderfully.
To make your Diwali exclusive this year and receive applauds from your guests, try handmade diyas. Read on to know more about homemade diyas:
1. Flour Diyas: You just need to knead flour and make the diyas. Then, bake those and colour them with bright shades like red, yellow and green. You can fix mirrors and beads and can get as creative as possible to make them look more beautiful.
2. Clay Diyas: Use clay from your kid's crafts collection and make diyas out of it. Give it any shape; and by using a fork, you can make designs on it. Make little holes on the diyas, so that they shine more brightly. Let it dry well. Place a tea-light inside and see how illuminating it is.
Also Read: Quick Ways To Clean Your Home For Diwali
3. CD Diyas: Surprising, right? But, you can really make unique diyas by using old CDs. Install tea-lights at the middle of the CDs and decorate the CDs with beads, sequins, kundans, silver and golden threads and bright colours. Arrange those in front of your puja room and it will look like an illuminated rangoli.
4. Paper Diyas: If you have little skill about origami, you can prepare beautiful paper diyas. Make a lotus with coloured paper by cutting and folding it. Now, place a small tea-light candle diya inside it. Light the diya on Diwali night and see how glamorous your house will look.
5. Floating Diyas: With few rhinestones and foam sheet, you can make this awesome-looking floating diya for Diwali decoration. Set a tea-light candle on the foam sheet with the help of glue. Make a circle of your desired diya's size and cut it. Now, go on attaching the rhinestones as you want. You can use golden and silver beads to make these diyas more authentic.
These are few types of diyas you can try this year on Diwali. You can be more creative and decorate the diyas with lots of other new ideas.
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous Diwali!!