Red is the color of love and of anger. That is why Vastu says that you must never paint your bedroom red; it brings out the inner anger in you. But did you know that red is also the color of appetite? No wonder all the popular food joints have red as a part of their logo. McDonald"s, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut for starters can be examples.
In the abstract science of colors it is believed that red enhances appetite and thus red color for your kitchen is very beneficial. However many people don't avail the benefits of color therapy for kitchen because red after all is too loud a color to have on the walls. So how will you use red while decorating your kitchen without painting the walls?
Here are some home decor ideas for your color coordinated red kitchen.
Tips To Use Red Color In Kitchen:
- If you are using tile for decorating your kitchen then you can use red colored tiles to do the flooring or even for paving the walls. You can use alternate red and white tiles for doing up the area around the shelves to soften the sharp brightness of the red.
- If you don't want to paint your kitchen totally red then choose the option of wall[papers. Use wallpapers that have motifs with a smattering of red in it. The benefit of using wallpaper is that it can be changed at will. As wallpapers are inexpensive compared to paint and can we removed and put up by you; they are more convenient options.
- There in no kitchen that does not have cabinets. If you think red color for kitchen walls is too bright then paint the kitchen cabinets red. The red and white contrast looks really contemporary.
- If you do not want any permanent stains of red in color in your kitchen then you can use red crockery. The normal microwavable plastic crockery made of melamine is pretty affordable. You can also use keep changing your crockery if you get bored with the same shade of red you are using.
- In the same vein you can use red colored stones instead of standard black marble or granite for your kitchen slab. The bottles and jars you use to store ingredients can be red in color.
- Decorating your kitchen table with a red table cloth and hand napkins is also a great idea. In this way you can use different shades of red according to your choice. It will also go well with your kitchen decor that will have a smattering of red.
- Another interesting fact about red is that red light keeps cockroaches away. So if you use red color bulbs instead of the normal ones in your kitchen then it will remain free from the encroachment of roaches.
Use one or more of these options to add a dash of red color to your kitchen.