High blood pressure, or Hypertension, occurs when the flow of blood is higher than the normal rate, leading to some risk in your system. Your arteries are responsible for it.
The normal blood pressure count is 120/80, but sometimes, for the people suffering with high blood pressure, it can go beyond 150/100 or even more.
Hypertension can lead to other diseases such as heart stroke, heart attack, coronary artery disease (CAD), and also death. It sounds scary, so don't ignore it before it's too late. There are broadly two kinds of blood pressures:
• Primary Hypertension: Termed as essential hypertension as well. It has no particular symptom, but it is believed to be caused by injury or stress, obesity, drinking, smoking and due to genetic problem as well.
• Secondary Hypertension: This type can result in a kidney infection as well, and can happen due to the malfunctioning of the endocrine glands and arterial problems like arteriosclerosis.
Hypertension is also known as a silent killer because, many a times, people aren't even aware that they are being attacked by it. The further repercussion may lead to renal damage, arterial cardiac arrest and also paralysis.
You never know what worse it can cause to you, if not cured timely. Though hypertension has no age limits, especially the contemporary working style is responsible for any thing, you should take extra precautions and again, YES!! YOGA is an answer to it.
One should start following Viparita Karani that helps you fight
against anti-ageing as well.
So, here are the steps to follow:
1. Lie down on the floor, near a wall and practice deep and steady breathing.
2. Raise your legs up, in support to the wall in such a position that your heels are touching the wall and exhale.
3. Basically, just adjust your body against the wall.
4. Keep your head on the floor, while the spine should be straight and knees should be bent a little, so that the knee caps won't lock.
5. Follow this pose for 10-15 minutes.
6. When you get back to the normal position, just make sure you relax for some time.
CAUTION: If you have a back problem, just keep a soft block or a folded blanket beneath your back and then start with the asana. Just be honest to yourself and practice this asana. Don't exert or stress yourself.
Benefits Of This Asana Against High Blood
Since you are almost upside down in this pose, your abdominal organs get more active and the movement stimulates them.
As a result, your appetite also increases through this stimulation. Your blood circulation gets stimulated and your head plus upper body receive a stronger blood flow, which supplies better oxygen.
Henceforth, it is also recommended for curing headache and even migraine. It prevents the thickening of the blood and other blood-related issues, including high blood pressure.
Basically, it is all simple science related to this pose. Your body gets shaked up and gets better rejuvenated, giving good results and a calm mind.
Also Read: Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy