Given our fast and busy life, fatigue is a common concern for all of us. Exhaustion - both physical and mental - leaves us tired and weak. Feeling sleepy or drowsy does not necessarily mean feeling tired, but they certainly can be symptoms of tiredness and exhaustion.
Lifestyle is a major reason of fatigue. Drinking too much caffeine and alcohol or eating unhealthy foods, causing health disorder affecting a sound sleep, can be reasons for fatigue.
Besides, an ailing health can also be a reason of fatigue.
There can be various ways to fight fatigue. Physical exercising can be one reason, while counselling to improve the mental state can be another.
One of the best ways to fight fatigue is by eating healthy foods. A good diet provides you with essential nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, vitamins and good fats.
They not only supply energy to your body and help rejuvenate it, but also improve immunity to protect the body against several ailments. Here are 6 superfoods to fight fatigue, have a look:
1. Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in carbohydrates and proteins and it helps in fighting fatigue. Our body processes yogurt faster than solid foods and yogurt gives quick energy. Probiotics in yogurt are also good for our digestive system. Have a cup of yogurt anytime during the day.
2. Bananas: The best fruit to drive away fatigue. Potassium in bananas convert sugar into energy. They also have several nutrients like vitamins B and C, besides fibres, carbohydrates, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids that help us overcome fatigue and dehydration. Besides, the sucrose and fructose in bananas also boost our energy levels instantly. Have one or two bananas a day. Even eating a banana after dinner is healthy.
3. Oatmeal: Carbohydrates in oatmeal supply fuel to the body as well as the brain, throughout the day. That's why it is a perfect breakfast dish. Oatmeal also contains several nutrients in terms of proteins and minerals like magnesium and phosphorus, etc., that boost our energy level. The fibre content in oatmeal also makes oatmeal a good food for our digestion.
4. Beans: Beans also have a great effect in fighting fatigue. Comprising complex carbohydrates and proteins and minerals like potassium, phosphorus, iron, etc., beans provide our body a long-lasting boost and they curb fatigue. Eat beans in boiled form or in a salad or in a cooked form during lunch or dinner.
5. Pumpkin Seeds: Rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and several vitamins and other minerals like phosphorus, copper, iron, etc., pumpkin seeds are an excellent agent that fight fatigue. Tryptophan, the amino acid present in pumpkin seeds, also fights emotional fatigue and promotes sleep. Eat roasted pumpkin seeds or have them cooked.
6. Green Tea: Have a cup of green tea after a hectic day to get rid of the fatigue. It contains polyphenols that reduce stress and boost energy. Green tea also improves metabolism, which is good for our health. Add honey to your cup of green tea daily.