Is your neck pain bothering you too much? Is it affecting your work and also your day-to-day activities? Then surely you need to get it checked. And if you are looking out for a long term natural solution, then it is best to take up yoga.
Shishuasana, which is commonly known as the Child Pose is one of the best yoga asanas that helps in providing relief from neck pain.
Also Read: Marjariasana To Releive Stress
In the recent times, we have seen an increasing number of people complaining of neck pain, especially those glued to long hours of desk job working with computers.
Though it starts off with slight pain, but slowly when the pain aggravates it becomes unbearable, the neck becomes stiff and affects one's movement as well.
Also Read: Vrikshasana To Make Legs Strong
When we have neck pain, the first thing which generally all of us do is to have painkillers and apply pain relief sprays. All these might provide instant relief from that excruciating neck pain but all these are for a temporary period of time. Hence, yoga asana is one of the best options for a permanent solution.
With a little caution Shishuasana can be practised by a beginner as well. However, with regular practise it becomes easy.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Shishuasana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Shishuasana:
1. Begin with kneeling down on the floor.
2. The knees should be held together close to your feet.
3. Slowly bend your torso and rest it on the thighs, and the forehead should rest on the floor.
4. The arms should be placed on either side of the body.
5. Once you are comfortable slowly press the chest on the thighs.
6. Your buttocks should rest on your heels.
7. Slowly stretch your arms further so that your torso also feels the stretch.
8. The spine too should feel the stretch.
9. Once you are comfortable, focus on your breathing.
10. Continue it for a few seconds and then come out of the position.
Other Benefits of Shishuasana:
It helps to relieve stress.
It helps to stretch the spine.
It helps to relieve constipation.
It helps to stretch and relax the back.
It helps to relieve back pain.
It helps to provide relief from fatigue.
It helps to stretch the muscles.
It helps to stretch the thighs and ankles.
Shishuasana helps in providing relief from stress and neck pain but one needs to be cautious. Those having knee injuries or those who are pregnant should avoid this asana. It is always best to practise it under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.